Monday, October 11, 2010

Random Thoughts on Glory, Dust and Pursecution

(pic is from www.wallpaper4god.com)
Let us be joyful in the glory and the beauty which God Almighty  confers upon us; let us sing for joy upon our beds. ( Psalm 149:5)

It's hard to sing lying down.  Can you imagine how joyful this person was that it was erupting out of them in bed?  It's hard to sleep after you have been praising the Lord. LOL.  I love nights like that!

God's bestowing glory on us.  I wonder what that looks like? Sometimes I can see sparkles in my eyes after I've been worshiping.  Have you ever checked after you've been praising and worshiping?  I want to be a sign and a wonder for Him.

I have to admit, I had a hard time with the glory dust at first.  I had to keep asking God, "Is this You?"  The Lord is very gracious and kept witnessing to me that yes it was Him.  I was even more settled when I heard that Joshua and Janet Mills have been banned from 3 cleaners because of the glory dust.  Apparently, it doesn't want to come off of their clothes and it has even spread to the furnishings of one  dry cleaners. Talk about being a sign to the proprietors!

That clinched it for me because persecution always follows God's signs. I know I sure got my fair share of persecution when I was street preaching and doing destiny words on Sparks Street, Ottawa.

I guess the best thing to do is keep pressing in for God's heart and fight unbelief with the light we've been given.  If it's God I want it all. I can't remember how many times I asked the Lord to make me a sign and a wonder  because the people would try to ignore me or walk by when I was street preaching. They were not moved to action. We need to ask to be signs and wonders in our day.  There are just too many distractions in this life and when reality hits them, it could be too late.

I have seen where a person's heart became hardened because they kept postponing the decision to open the door to Jesus.  This fellow was in a hospital bed, in Palative care, next to the fellow God had sent me in to get out.  The man I was sent to, (let's call him Joe)  asked me if I could do something about his room mate because all he did was moan.

I went over to him as requested and saw a strong man, moaning and groaning in the bed, unable to communicate because he had had a stroke and part of his mind was gone.  I didn't know what to do. It was so pathetic.  (This was many years ago when I was just learning about authority and healing)

The Lord told me to sing, "Jesus loves you."  I didn't even get half way through the first chorus and he had settled down. That poor man was being tormented.  I had a flash vision of him putting off Jesus, over and over again and now he was being told it was too late. He was in a prison of his own, unresponsive flesh and mind, scarred by the strokes etc. that he had gone through.

I sang, "Amazing Grace" to him next and the whole room became quiet as God's presence permeated the atmosphere.  I felt to speak grace over him so I did. I declared that it wasn't too late, that God hears the cry of the heart, especially when the body is in a prison.

That's another reason why I don't want to miss any opportunities. How many people around us are in prisons of their own minds or bodies?  Selah (pause and think about it).

Thank You Lord for making us Your signs and wonders to help us get the good news out. Thank You for giving us boldness and wisdom to take advantage of every situation;  to share the good news and to introduce the people to Jesus.  We give you all the glory in advance. Amen!


  .

1 comment:

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

By the way. The fellow I was sent to in Palative care was discharged within two weeks and had many more months to set things right with his family members. The big fellow that was paralyzed by the strokes settled right down and I asked him to respond some way if he wanted Jesus. He couldn't respond in a physical way so I asked Holy Spirit what was going on. Holy Spirit told me to claim him out loud for the Kingdom of God so I did.

God is so merciful. He doesn't want any of us to go to Hell. Hallelujah!
Bless you!
Brenda Gale