Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Do Not Discount Yourself!


Boy did I learn a lesson the other night.  Let me share what happened with you so that you don't make the mistake I almost made.

Friday nights are healing meetings at our church, www.wcca.ca and it was about  9 p.m. when the pastor called up the ministry team to help out.  I was tired and ready to go home to bed, but I asked Holy Spirit what He wanted me to do.  He said to go up to the front.

I obeyed, but I was wondering what I was going to do, as there were already some ministry team members up there and I did not see lots of people going up for healing.

I got up to the front, when a friend that I have been encouraging in the healing gifts asked me if I would pray for a fellow. I said, "Sure." (I mean what else am I going to say?  I know that the anointing I have received abides in me. (1John. 2:27))

We went to pray for this man and he got touched. (I didn't feel a thing.) Then the pastor came over and wanted to pray for him so I stepped back so he could.  Cancer's were cursed and healing was loosed and the man was touched even more by Holy Spirit.

Then my friend brought another fellow for me to pray for.  I prayed for this new fellow as Holy Spirit led and asked him to test out his back.  He replied very seriously, "I know it's healed because I can stand here with no pain."

I had a word of knowledge for him to start the healing of his soul and I shared it with him quietly.  He received it well.

Then I said, "Okay, your back is better, but someone has a sore back right here," and I pointed to where I had a word of knowledge in my back.

My friend piped up, "That's for me!" We both chuckled and I had him turn around.  After asking permission, I laid my hands on him and got the new fellow, who had been healed, to lay hands too.  I showed the new fellow how to start the healing flow by focusing on how much Jesus loves this man. Then I told him to release God's love into my friend to fix whatever was wrong.

The new fellow complied.... I think he was kind of shocked to hear my friend say he felt better after receiving prayer.  This was his first time at West Carleton Christian Assembly and they had driven over an hour to get there.   God met them there and used him to bring healing to someone else too.  Truly the scripture says, "Freely ye have received, freely give." (Matt. 10:8) He won't forget that night!

I lost track of how many people I prayed for that night.  It was an awesome sight.  I would have missed it completely if I had listened to my flesh and gone home.

My friend had been asking people all week to come and had gone out of his way to bring people that needed healing. Lord bless him for his obedience.

So my point is, do not discount yourself.  You matter!  The Lord wants to use you! Maybe the Lord could use someone else in a pinch, but He wants to use you.

On that note let me pray for you.  "Lord I bless the person reading this.  Thank You that Your healing power flows through their hands today and that Your words of love, grace, mercy and power are being spoken today, changing every situation they come across.   Thank You so much Lord that You want to use them for Your glory today.  I declare that they are Your ambassadors today and that they are world changers for You. Amen!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

(photo courtesy of Photobucket.com)

1 comment:

hazelmay said...

More often than not, I have found that when I am spent... thinking I have nothing left to give, that's when I am finally 'out of God's way'. LOL!