Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What is a Baby worth?

Ever wonder what a baby is worth?   I do not know all the answer's to that question-- but I am learning.

I know it's worth a lot of inconvenience and money, just ask all the people that pay thousands and thousands of dollars to adopt a child overseas.

I know it's worth a lot of heart ache and longing-- just ask all the people waiting 7+ years to adopt a baby.

I know it can cost you a great job-- been there, done that.

So what is a baby worth?

It's worth a lot of sacrifice.    It's worth the cost of all the luxuries I think I need.  It's worth the time sacrifices that will be asked of me.

I don't want to be someone that says, "You made your bed, you lie in it."  I don't want to be the person that goes, "Tsk, tsk, (big sigh)",  and rolls my eyes.  I don't want to be the person that is always reminding the girl/woman of the mistake they made-- like they've got to "pay" and be miserable the rest of their lives.

Church, there are a lot of women in our midst who are getting pregnant --while on birth control! and they are considering abortion because of our attitudes and lack of support. Heaven help us!

The heart of the Father longs for these little ones!  He is entrusting them to us.  We dare not turn aside-- who knows but that we will find his perfect will for our lives as we help the one in front of us.

So what do you think?  Any thoughts or comments?  I would love to hear from you.

Faytene's group (v-kolmedia) did this great video and it sums up what I am feeling right now..

http://youtu.be/8xUR5SbuWdY

Bless you real good!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: