Thank You Lord for new songs of praise and worship to lift up and Magnify your Awesome, Majestic Name!
The last few months I've been in a war and as I was praying Holy Spirit showed me how the enemy was distracting me from worship by all the negative circumstances, accidents and negative news going on around me. The devil wants to be magnified and this is how he gets us to take our eyes off of Jesus.
We are in a war of worship. We all worship something. It can be our kids, our husbands, our hobbies or our jobs. Whatever takes our focus gets our worship. It's dawning on me that the enemy is trying to beat us down by keeping us busy and distracted so we don't make time to magnify the Lord. Without God's input daily, our spiritual gas tanks soon run on empty and then we have nothing to help others with, never mind ourselves.
I am going to make a conscious effort to magnify the Lord at least 7 times a day. I remember King David doing that and the Glory of the Lord was in his life in a great way.
Discernment is required to recognize the attack of the enemy to steal our time and our worship.
For a few weeks I had a hard time singing, there was such an attack of oppression on me and I was asking the Lord what was going on. It is not normal for me to not be able to praise and worship. The Lord led me to the article I wrote about "filling your spiritual gas tank" and said that because I was helping so many others by giving them keys for breakthrough the enemy had launched a counterattack. I immediately asked the Lord what to do and He said to bind the spirit of backlash and retaliation. The next day was much better. Hallelujah!!! It's been getting better every day.
This is a battle we are destined to win! We have been equipped with Heaven's arsenal. Holy Spirit wants to help us and God has Angels to help you and I.
Let's press on to know Him more.
Bless You in Jesus' name as you sing the cry of your heart to Him!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
There are so many things I've had to quit doing or adapt to new methods. I never realized how hard it could be to learn how to be a lefty after being right handed for so long.
1. Doing up a bra is next to impossible for me. I wonder how amputees manage?
2. Writing is a tough one. My writing is now worse than my 11 year old daughters. Just this week I've been able to start using my right hand to help me type a bit.
3. Cutting up vegetables is very difficult. The first couple of weeks I couldn't use my right hand to help at all. On a good note, I am eating a lot slower these days.
4. Pulling up your pants is difficult on hot summer days when everything wants to stick and roll. You get the drift. I gave up on jeans and belts. Can't do them up. Ha, Ha!
5. Having a shower in our tiny shower stall was interesting because I wasn't supposed to get the cast wet. Hubby helped, Thank God and we had a few good laughs.
6. I was so upset at not being able to train my horses. Summer is so short and here I am, can't go riding or hubby will shoot me. So I tried doing some lounge line work 2 days ago with my three year old and it worked. My hand was a bit sore after but it healed up fast.
On a very good note, I have had lots of time to read and worship, without the piano of course. I know the Lord understands. He's always after the cry of our hearts. So I have been singing about frustration, pain, adapting and determination. Sometimes our dreams get delayed but if we won't give up God will continue to help us work towards our dreams.
On that note I'm going to keep dreaming and talking to the Lord Jesus about His dream for our lives.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around. I've been driving a school bus on a very long run (1450 kms per week)
Just last Saturday I was riding one of my younger horses when she threw a little temper tantrum. I didn't fall off but my hand hit the saddle horn hard and caused a fracture.
I'm right handed and having my right arm in a cast is slowing me down to a snail's pace.
Haying still needs to be done... yeah. Only a farmer can know the stress haying can put on a family. It's one of the most weather sensitive, labor intensive crops on a farm.
"Thank You Lord for good weather and good times haying this year. Thank You Lord for supernatural healing in my wrist and arm and that my wrist is better than ever!
Thank You Lord for camaraderie in our home and on our farm & that we all get along and the kids are not resentful about having to help more. Thank You Lord that You have work for Roy and I. Please continue to lead us and guide us by your Holy Spirit. Amen!" (Isa 53:3-5, Phil 4:13,19)
Brenda Gale Thompson