Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So You Are Excited About Reaching Out...

I wrote a little note to a friend who was all excited about getting out in her neighborhood in her part of the world to make a difference for Jesus by herself. She was very excited about her new commitment to the Lord, but was unsure of how to deal with her fear issues, which is very understandable.

Jesus sent them two by two. So if at all possible go out with another believer. Until then, you can pray that the Lord will give you a prayer partner and witness wherever you go... ad lib.

Ask the Lord to bring to you someone who will pray with you. Ask the Lord for opportunities to witness every day, every where you go.

We want to take Baby Steps of Obedience. I hear your heart sister and if you start now, you will make a huge difference for the Lord.

So lets fight fear by building up your inner man with scripture confessions like:

"Thank You Jesus, that you arm me with strength and power and you make my way perfect." 2Sam.22:33

"Thank You Jesus, that you haven't given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self control." 2Tim.1:7

Thank You Jesus that I'm bold as a lion, because I'm righteous. Prov.28:1
Thank You Jesus that Your love is shed abroad in my heart by Holy Spirit." Rom. 5:5

Thank you Lord that you've given your angels charge over me and my family. Ps. 91

You'll Find other scriptures as you read your bible that will help you so that you are not in fear anymore but "strong in the Lord and His mighty power."

Start where you are with the situation you are in. We all grow by baby steps. Ha ha! How many times do babies fall down when they are learning to walk? I can't count.

Maybe the first thing to do is pray till His compassion and love drives out the fear in you and you have His heart for the people. Romans 5:5 says that His love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Ask the Lord if that makes sense for you.

Have fun with the Lord. Keep asking lots of questions. That's the best way to learn Holy Spirit's voice.

No comments: