Saturday, October 3, 2009

Make Each Day Count!

Life is short so I'm making the most of each day. Every new day I want to make sure I make time for the Lord, to praise and worship HIM and to hear His thoughts for my day.
It's amazing how much better my day goes when I do this. You would think that I would have learned this by now and have no problem putting God first.

However, there are a lot of sneaky distractions in life. Kids, walking the dogs, work, husband, commitments in church, errands, housework; need I say more?
In themselves they are not "bad" but when they get between me and the worship that Jesus deserves then they become idols. I keep saying to the Lord that I love Him more than anything... then by my choices I say that He's last on my priority list.

All I can do is repent and get real with Him. Sometimes I'm aware of the distractions and sometimes I'm not. The devil does not want us to worship God because he knows that we will get refreshed and come out of His presence empowered. Thus he tries everything in his arsenal to keep us from seeking the Lord and basking in His presence.

It's a learning process. We all have to journey through the land of distractions and learn to ignore them and just keep seeking the Lord.

Yesterday, I asked the Lord to protect my time with Him. It really helped. I had a great time with Him (Holy Spirit) and got some great downloads to think about.

Today, I finally got to a place where I could sit down after supper and the Heaven's felt like brass. Aha! I've been there before. So I put on a couple of worship songs on youtube (Chris Tomlin and Hill Songs) and agreed with the songs they were singing. Then I started singing my own new song while the songs were singing.

Breakthrough! It worked again! Heaven's open and His presence is all over me etc, etc.
Thank You Jesus for Breakthrough! Now I'm decreeing things He's told me before, calling in the promises He's given me and asking Him who needs prayer (shoring up, protection) and where is the enemy active.

Now that's living! And some people think being a Christian is boring. They don't have a clue!

Got to go... Holy Spirit wants another song and it's another opportunity to make this day count for eternity.

No comments: