Thursday, July 23, 2020

Simple Setup of Portable Air Conditioner in a room with Crank style Windows



Hi!   I couldn't find the youtube video I saw years ago for setting up a air conditioner in a room with crank windows so I took lots of photos as I set it up again today.

All you need is  Cling Wrap, Duct tape and a pair of scissors!   Plus you don't need to damage the window Frame!



So first I taped the frame that came with the air conditioner to the screen frame . Made sure it faced the right way for the hose to attach to it after.
Then I wrapped the screen with cling wrap starting at the bottom and working upwards, making sure that the wrap overlapped the previous layer by half. 



 
Then I cut the cling wrap out of the duct area on both sides of the screen. 
And the other side I cut a bit bigger around the outlet 
Now you’re ready to install your screen then attach the outlet hose! 
My screen has these little tabs that you rotate to hold the screen in the frame. 
They work great and the window frame is not damaged! 
Here is the same setup in another bedroom, this is the second or third summer for the same cling wrap setup!  (sorry for the photo orientation.  still learning how to use the mobile app)

No comments: