Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Songs!

Thank You Lord for new songs of praise and worship to lift up and Magnify your Awesome, Majestic Name!

The last few months I've been in a war and as I was praying Holy Spirit showed me how the enemy was distracting me from worship by all the negative circumstances, accidents and negative news going on around me. The devil wants to be magnified and this is how he gets us to take our eyes off of Jesus.

We are in a war of worship. We all worship something. It can be our kids, our husbands, our hobbies or our jobs. Whatever takes our focus gets our worship. It's dawning on me that the enemy is trying to beat us down by keeping us busy and distracted so we don't make time to magnify the Lord. Without God's input daily, our spiritual gas tanks soon run on empty and then we have nothing to help others with, never mind ourselves.

I am going to make a conscious effort to magnify the Lord at least 7 times a day. I remember King David doing that and the Glory of the Lord was in his life in a great way.

Discernment is required to recognize the attack of the enemy to steal our time and our worship.

For a few weeks I had a hard time singing, there was such an attack of oppression on me and I was asking the Lord what was going on. It is not normal for me to not be able to praise and worship. The Lord led me to the article I wrote about "filling your spiritual gas tank" and said that because I was helping so many others by giving them keys for breakthrough the enemy had launched a counterattack. I immediately asked the Lord what to do and He said to bind the spirit of backlash and retaliation. The next day was much better. Hallelujah!!! It's been getting better every day.

This is a battle we are destined to win! We have been equipped with Heaven's arsenal. Holy Spirit wants to help us and God has Angels to help you and I.

Let's press on to know Him more.

Bless You in Jesus' name as you sing the cry of your heart to Him!

No comments: