Saturday, July 18, 2009

Things I Don't Take For Granted Anymore



There are so many things I've had to quit doing or adapt to new methods. I never realized how hard it could be to learn how to be a lefty after being right handed for so long.

1. Doing up a bra is next to impossible for me. I wonder how amputees manage?
2. Writing is a tough one. My writing is now worse than my 11 year old daughters. Just this week I've been able to start using my right hand to help me type a bit.

3. Cutting up vegetables is very difficult. The first couple of weeks I couldn't use my right hand to help at all. On a good note, I am eating a lot slower these days.

4. Pulling up your pants is difficult on hot summer days when everything wants to stick and roll. You get the drift. I gave up on jeans and belts. Can't do them up. Ha, Ha!

5. Having a shower in our tiny shower stall was interesting because I wasn't supposed to get the cast wet. Hubby helped, Thank God and we had a few good laughs.

6. I was so upset at not being able to train my horses. Summer is so short and here I am, can't go riding or hubby will shoot me. So I tried doing some lounge line work 2 days ago with my three year old and it worked. My hand was a bit sore after but it healed up fast.

On a very good note, I have had lots of time to read and worship, without the piano of course. I know the Lord understands. He's always after the cry of our hearts. So I have been singing about frustration, pain, adapting and determination. Sometimes our dreams get delayed but if we won't give up God will continue to help us work towards our dreams.

On that note I'm going to keep dreaming and talking to the Lord Jesus about His dream for our lives.

No comments: