Saturday, November 27, 2010

Kitchen Volcanoes and Such Like

Hi there.  I just had to tell you what happened yesterday.  I was all proud of myself for my new recipe idea to use these apples I froze and so I made up the recipe again yesterday.

The apples were such a good idea that I thought well more would be better and I wasn't sure how much lemon juice I had added the first time so I thought I'll measure it this time.   Four tablespoons looked good so I added that, mixed it all up and forgot to taste test along the way, never mind ask the Lord what He thought about the whole thing.

Well,  the timer went off and imagine my surprise to see a mini volcano cake in the oven.  Here's a picture of it.

Good thing is, my kids are not put off by my experiments and it's more than half gone as I write this to you.

Talk about a lesson in humility (snort).   The awesome cook, Brenda, just got taken down a peg or two by an apple cake.  So my hint of advice is always ask the Lord questions along the way and taste test before you add more lemon juice!


Have a great day with Him, knowing that He's laughing along with you at your foibles and He's always available for consultation along the way.

Here is a pic of the cake I made this morning.  Can you tell I asked the Lord what to do along the way?  It pays to stay humble and ask Him for help. LOL.

No comments: