Saturday, April 16, 2011

Giving It Away


"Freely you have received, freely give." (Matt. 10:8) This is one of the verses I live by.  I only prayed for 10 people on Thursday, some in person and some on the phone and I want to increase that number so I started asking the Lord how. This is a summary of what He highlighted for me to do.

Business....  I have to watch that I don't become so focused on the task at hand, that I miss the opportunities.

Attitude... It's important to keep thanksgiving and praise flowing so that I hear Holy Spirit easily. Singing in tongues or speaking in tongues primes your spiritual pump, so that all the other gifts are available.

Awareness.... Lord help me to be aware of the needs around me for healing and encouraging, prophetic words so that I don't miss the opportunities.

Preparation... I  have to make sure that I am confessing the word over myself;  that the anointing I have received abides in me, that I continue to walk in the anointing I have attained and that I have great boldness because I am righteous. (ref. 1John 2:27, Phil. 3:16, Prov. 28:1, 2Tim. 1:7)

Goals... I should start the day with a goal in mind for example... "Lord I want to talk to 5 people today about the Kingdom of God," or "Lord, I want to pray for healing for 3 people today."  Without a spoken goal the day can slip by all too easily. Conversely, if I make a goal then I will go out of my way to accomplish that goal.

Tact... I have to be careful who I go shopping with. Some people are interested in seeing the Kingdom manifest around them and some aren't, especially when it takes me double the time to get an errand done. I need to be sensitive to what's going on in their lives too.

I Hope these points help you. I know they are going to help me to live more 'on purpose' for Him.

Bless you as you go.  May you walk with Holy Spirit tighter than you ever have before.  May you know His joy as He says, "Thanks for helping me today." Amen.

Love & hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
p.s. If this has blessed you please share it!
 
For more on how to operate with words of knowledge go here: http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.com/2010/10/quick-check-list-for-words-of-knowledge.html

For motivation to make a difference go here:
http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-see-them.html

For good confessions to speak before you go out go here:
http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.com/2011/01/some-confessions-i-like-to-use-before-i.html

No comments: