Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduW1hliaio&NR=1&feature=fvwp
This video caught my eye because it is so shocking for us in North America.  We have a fine, upstanding police force that would never be caught drinking on the job.  You can see the the people in the video are surprised, skeptical, shocked and unbelieving during the video taping  because this behavior is so out of character.

How I wish that it could be that way in the body of Christ.  It should be unusual when signs and things that make you wonder do not happen around Christians.  Miracles should be status quo for us. Signs and wonders should be normal for us.

That is what I am going after!  I want the Lord to be pleased to validate the words I speak and the actions I do with signs, wonders and miracles. That means I have to walk really tight with Holy Spirit, never letting him get away from me.

It is like a waltz that He is leading and I'm following.   I don't want Him to get out of my arms reach and if I don't follow His lead I can get my feet trampled or miss the next turn in the dance.

I have learned that one of the biggest keys to walking tight with Holy Spirit is a surrendered thought life.  I don't want to think about anything that He doesn't approve of. I take bad thoughts captive by speaking out loud the good I want to see.  I ask Holy Spirit for His take on situations and things all the time and He has lots to say.  He surprises me every day!  He sees the heart of things and I have learned to treasure His opinion and wisdom. 

So let's pray these verses. "The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But (we) put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts." (Rom. 13:12-14)"   Lord help us to be your ambassadors every where we go, in Jesus' name we ask. Amen!

Bless you as you go!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: