Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Own the Revelation


Teaching and teaching without testimonies is fruitless and I am tired of it.   I want to go hear preachers that have gotten a revelation from God and are walking in it.  I especially want to hear testimonies about people who have done stuff I haven't done yet, like raising the dead.  I have been practicing on dead animals and renewing my mind with the promises of God but I haven't found a dead person to pray for that wasn't under supervision. LOL.

When I was 20 I went to the Christian camp that my mom liked to go to and I heard this fellow teach about the revealing of the sons and daughters of God and how all creation is awaiting for us. (Rom 8:19)  He taught with authority because he had commanded thunder storms to move and they did for him.  I thought, "Wow! I've never heard of stuff like this!"

Less than a week later I was confronted with a nasty thunderstorm over the highway I had to bicycle down to get to work. I remembered what I had learned the previous weekend, now what was I going to do about it?  I thought... well God is not a respecter of persons, so what worked for him will work for me!

So... I asked the Lord to move the thunderstorm out of the way for me and to leave a tiny piece of it so I would know that He had answered my prayer.

I continued getting ready for work and about 10 minutes later I looked outside again.  Imagine!  I saw the huge dark clouds moving really fast to the left and there was a tiny piece of the darkest cloud left over the highway.  Impossible you say?   Nope!  I saw it myself.  It was so amazing because the lighter clouds were stationary, just the dark thunderstorm clouds were moving fast.

I never forgot that day.  I rode my bicycle under that little piece of thunderstorm cloud about half an hour later.  God held it in position for me.  The rest of the storm was miles away by that time.  Another miracle.  Oh I did I forget to mention that I didn't get wet?  It rained before I got under that cloud and after I passed. I could see it falling.

I never forgot it.

May you be encouraged to own the revelation you have been taught so far and to speak to your mountains (or storms). Truly, all creation is awaiting for us to stand up and do the works of God. (Rom 8:19,14)  We are all sons/daughters of God through our faith in Jesus Christ. (Gal 3:26)

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: