Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seeking Him With Prayer And Fasting


Hi there.  If there ever was a time to seek the Lord it's now.  2011 is almost over and we still haven't had the breakthrough that was prophesied at the beginning of the year.

I started fasting a meal a day when my girlfriend got sick and it really helped me get answers quickly. I know it might seem hard for you to give up a meal but the rewards are so worth it.

Ruth Ward Heflin teaches that fasting is a fast way to touch the heart of God.  Also she teaches that fasting speeds up the christian growth of a believer.  What might take years in regular studying and seeking God can be accelerated very quickly with the aid of fasting. (ref. Golden Glory  pg. 262)

There's no doubt about it, fasting disciplines your flesh and reminds your 'old man' who is boss.  It is one of the fastest ways I know to walk in the Spirit of God.  Things of the spirit flow so easily when you fast. I get words of knowledge for everybody I walk by when I'm in seasons of fasting and I can walk into a room and know what the ruling spirits are and their assignments. I walk by people and know what's wrong in their bodies.  It's really amazing how much more sensitive we become to things in the spirit when we fast.

Isaiah 58 speaks about the rewards of fasting.  It says that we will repair the breach and restore the foundations that have crumbled.   Does anybody in your family need help?  How about in your community?  Anybody lost their way?   Fasting combined with prayer and seeking Jesus will benefit everybody you touch and influence!

Did you know that before the great healing movement in the late 1940's there was a preacher that was greatly anointed to teach on fasting?  Franklin Hall went around from city to city and taught churches and leaders how to fast and pray and the great benefits of fasting.  This is what led to the great healing movement in the late 1940's.   And as a result an old key that had been lost was restored to the church-- healing. (ref. Golden Glory pg. 260)

I  have a great book on Prayer and Fasting by Mahesh Chavda titled, "The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting."  Did you know that Jesus taught that some spirits won't come out without prayer and fasting?  It's true.  (ref. Mark 9:29, Matt. 17:21)

Finally, EVERY revival has been birthed by prayer and fasting.  That's enough proof for me.

I am off to my bedroom again. I have got my notebook, pens, voice recorder, Bible, reference books and cd player with music... oh and a hot tea.  It's time to seek God/Jesus/Holy Spirit for breakthroughs-- personally and corporately.

Lord, I ask that the grace you have given me to fast and pray you would impart to the person reading this.  Show them how much  benefit prayer and fasting can be to their lives.   Amen!

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: