Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keeper of the Flame


Over a year ago we had a preacher  come to our church and talk about revival.  He had been a part of the Brownsville revival and had some great stories that he shared.  He mentioned how many ministries were birthed out of the revival and then said something that I couldn't forget.  He talked about how in all the business and people going out and spreading the revival that there needs to be a keeper of the flame.  

I started wondering about what it meant to be a keeper of the flame and I felt Holy Spirit nudging me to dig a little deeper.   I had never heard of this term before so I started to ask the Lord what it meant.   What Holy Spirit kept saying is that  he needs a prayer warrior to protect and keep the flame burning.

Charles Finney had an intercessor who used to go ahead of him to prepare the town or city for a visitation of God.  Maria Woodsworth-Etter had prayer warriors who linked up with her to help bring the revival fire to the places God called her to.  Smith Wigglesworth  had a precious daughter who supported him in prayer mightily.  

Through out history we see intercessors-- those who stand in the gap between God and man, joining up with revivalists to bring God's purposes to pass in the earth.

I felt Holy Spirit asking us if we would sign up to be  "Keepers of the Flame", for a season.  I believe there are many that are feeling the call to intercede for the Great Awakening that God wants to bring to North America.  

It has not been hard either.  If you can worship the King and pray kingdom prayers you are doing it already.  So let's keep praying the Lord's prayer over our land and our nation.  Let's worship the King in spirit and in truth and watch to see what He wants to say to us. ( Matt. 6:9-15, 2Chron. 7:14-16,  John 4:23) There is great grace upon those who sign up to be used in God's army.

Like I read somewhere,  "The History books will be kind to us because we intend to write them."  Let's keep that quote in mind as we go about our business with a song and a prayer on our hearts.

I keep hearing that, the king is enthralled with our beauty. (Psalm 45:11)  Ha!  That's worth something... to think that the King of Kings desires our beauty.  Amazing and very humbling at the same time.  Let's be like Esther and go through all the beauty preparations that are available! (ref. Esther 2:12)

I bless you as you go today.  May you bless the Father's heart with your songs and prayers today.   May you hear his, "Well done!" as you seize the moments to advance the kingdom of God. Amen!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Randy Furco said...

If you have never ready the book, "Living a Life of Fire" by Reinhard Bonnke, I highly suggest it. It is his autobiography and every person that I have given it to could not put it down. It is a thick book that some have read in a few days. It is so good and will take your faith and fire for evangelism to new heights.

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

Thanks Randy. I ordered it today!

Randy Furco said...

Great! Tell me how you liked it when you are done. Or if you didn't. I think you will though. :)

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

Awesome book! I love how they explain how he got to where he is now. Small steps of obedience really do pay off.

BLessings!
Brenda Gale