Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Turtle Dream


A few years ago I had a dream that bothered me for quite a while.   God's turned it into a testimony so I will share it with you.

I was breathless from running, trying to get away from the turtle men chasing me and throwing knives at me.  What was going on?  Why did they want me so bad? I couldn't understand. I hadn't done anything wrong.


From a  corridor I ran into a large room, but with no doors or windows that I could see.  The only fixture I could see was a large fireplace with bricks going up to the ceiling.


I didn't know where to go!  I saw that a couple of the bricks were sticking out and there was an opening in the brick wall much further up so I scrambled up the side, on top of the mantle and dodged the knives that were being thrown at me.


For some reason the turtle men didn't want to climb the fireplace. They kept trying to kill me with their knife throwing so I squeezed into the air passageway and slithered down it.  All of a sudden a wasp's nest erupted around me and started stinging me.  I couldn't get away fast enough!  Stinging pain all over my body as I swatted them away and tried to keep going.

I woke up hyperventilating, tears streaming down my cheeks.  I couldn't go back to sleep for a while then, when I did, I had the same dream over again, from a slightly different viewpoint.  I couldn't get past the dream.

I did what little dream analysis I knew about and searched the internet for more answers.  I could never find out what turtle men represented.  I figured out that the knives were an attack and that I was running away.  The wasp nest was the stings from all the people's curses.

The big room with the fireplace was symbolic of the open spot I had. What's significant is the fire place.  I had to step on the mantle to get away from these turtle men and yet they didn't want to climb it! I believe that's because the mantle was my mantle and it wouldn't work for anyone else.

I just found out what the turtle men represented thanks to a cd by Charlie Robinson.  In it he talks about the turtle spirit  and how it causes everything to slow down so that you can't make any forward motion of any kind, whether in thought, speech or action towards your destiny.

I had this dream years ago, weeks after I was cut from a street preaching organization.   I wasn't getting any results with their canned, legalistic script and I couldn't memorize the leader's funny stories to save my life. I really did try to memorize one of them but when I got onto the streets I forgot it all and had to preach what the Lord gave me.

What was working for me was calling out words of knowledge and praying for the sick intertwined with the Good News of the Gospel.  I had hundreds of people watching when I went to go pray for a man in a wheel chair.  I wasn't even paying attention to the people watching.  My heart lurched in compassion and I had to go minister to him.  It wasn't until  I said good bye to him that I noticed that the whole street and lunch crowd were watching me.

I never felt more alive than when I was out on the streets, telling people about God's great love for them, and giving out words of knowledge and prophesy and healing the sick.  Sure it was scary at times, but I knew I was born for this.  It was really interesting to me to realize how my message would change slightly, depending if I was in front of the Dept. of Justice or in front of the CBC building or at the Ottawa University.  God knew what these people needed to hear and I relied on him totally.

That's why it hurt so much when I was dismissed. I was crying out to the Lord for help.  I couldn't find anyone that would go with me. I just needed one person to go with me as a witness in case of trouble and I couldn't find even that one person.

Now that I know what the turtle men represent, which was everything possible to slow me down from discovering my destiny,  I have been seeking the Lord for what to do, to get back on track. Thank God he always has a back up plan.  That should give all of us reason to rejoice!

You know I am not that far off track according to the Lord.  I am now in a church where I am encouraged to grow in my ministry gifts and I get to practice every week.  Instead of street preaching I am giving out a lot of encouraging words and praying for people for healing and deliverance. It's working!  The Kingdom is being spread every where I go.  The world is my ministry ground and God is touching people everywhere. 

I am here to tell you that it does not matter what the enemy throws at you, if you won't quit God will bring you through it and he will turn it to good.  It's amazing but true. I am living proof of this.  He does cause all things to work together for your good, for those who love the Lord. (ref. Rom. 8:37)

So don't quit!  Better days are ahead of you. "Rejoice not against me oh my enemies, for though I have fallen, yet shall I arise!" (ref. Micah 7:8)

Let's pray. "Lord we claim your victories in our lives. Show us how to beat every scheme of the enemy and thank you for your power to work all the circumstances in our lives to our good. You are amazing and we worship you and give you all the glory for what you are doing in our lives today. Thank You Lord for giving us eyes to see your kingdom, ears to hear your gentle voice and teachable hearts to treasure and obey your words to us. In Jesus' name we ask. Amen!
I bless you as you go today!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
(photo courtesy of photobucket.com)

No comments: