Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Storms Come....

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” (Matt. 7:24-27)

Storms come to eveyone's lives.  There are no exceptions.  At times it may appear that a person has a cookie cutter life but we must always remember that this picture is just a snap shot.   We don't know what they have already been through in this life or what they will go through in the future.

There is a deception in the church where people think that you must have sin in your life if you aren't blessed.  That is not that case. Everybody goes through seasons in their lives;  times to prosper and times of material lack.  It is also wrong to serve the Lord only for the blessings you can get.

I am tired of people lashing out at God because they aren't getting blessed the way they figured they should be.  God is not a puppet where you pull his strings.  Enough of the temper tantrums or sulking when you don't get your way.

It's time to grow up Saints.  I know I'm having to. He promised to meet all my needs according to His riches in Glory.... not all my wants.

I don't know what the future holds.... and yes that can be a bit scary.  It's forcing me to trust him more. I'm claiming the promises that He's given me and leaning on his strength.  This is doable with Holy Spirit.

I've been through a few storms lately and Bless God.... I'm hear to say that I'm still afloat and by his grace I'll  make it through whatever lies ahead.

Let's Pray: Holy Spirit, come help us today.  We need you more than ever before.  Thank You that your love is shed abroad in our hearts.  Thank You that you'll never leave us or forsake us.  Thank You Lord for joy in our journey with you and lots of good memories along the way.  Thank You Lord for making our lives worth living.  Thank You Lord for the relationships you've given us. Help us to always love people the way you would. Amen!

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: