Friday, June 30, 2017

Restoring Value

A friend recently told me how after 40 years she finally had enough of the family junk and told her brothers with the superior attitude what had happened to her from their friend, arranged by her younger brother!  Needless to say there was shock from her two older brothers and the oldest, who was a lawyer wanted to press charges.

She declined saying that it's taken her this long to come to terms with the rape and she didn't want to dredge up old wounds...

As she was telling me this I felt for her and said, "How refreshing that must feel to know that they were upset and hurt at what happened to you!"

"Yes, it makes me realize that I have value!"

Value!    We all need to recognize the value in ourselves and others!  Imagine living with a damaged value or self-worth for 40+ years!   We don't see how far reaching the effects are.   The negative connotations are huge.   "I can't do it, No one will believe me, no one will stick up for me,  I'm ugly, I'm not lovable, I don't matter, Why bother?"  I've heard them all before so many times!

Let's be the people that act like Jesus and choose by an action of our will to forgive the perpetrators and claim healing and restoration and payback from God.   After all... the perpetrators could never pay you enough for all the mental anguish, trauma and suffering you've gone through!  Only God can heal a wounded heart!   Trust me... He's a professional at it!   I'm living proof!

I can remember when I was just getting out of an abusive relationship and I had a  small baby.   I was working full time and trying to get over all the trauma.   I was so exhausted every night that I just wanted to go to bed... But Holy Spirit kept telling me over and over.... go brush your teeth.   Like How insignificant is that?   But I obeyed and brushed my teeth.    You see I didn't realize how damaged my self-worth was... Even a little thing like brushing my teeth was a step in the right direction.

Soon that little step led to another and then another... and Years later  I am healed, I take good care of myself and I owe it all to Him.... Little steps add up to big changes over time.

Sometimes we don't know how to even begin to start over.... Let me encourage you to listen to Holy Spirit and obey those small nudges.  He won't give you something too hard to do.  He knows how deeply you've been hurt!  You can trust Him!  He is forever faithful and when you think you've blown it too bad to ever recover remember that the Father's love and plans for you go on forever! 

I decree that you have hope, courage and strength to make it through today.   Holy Spirit will help you  and guide you every step of the way!  I decree joy  in your  journey with Holy Spirit!.   Have a great day with Him! Amen!

Big hugs and blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: