Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Song Deliverance

One morning, on my day off a number of years ago, I was doing my devotions when I really felt the Lord leading me to praise and worship Him. I did for about a half an hour when I felt a new song birthing in my spirit. I didn't get all the words for it and I was still singing it under my breath when the Lord told me to go to the mall in town. I thought okay, I need some groceries anyhow. So I got dressed and left.

When I got to the mall I was drawn to the mall doors, not the grocery store door. So I went in, took a few steps, and sort of looked around while asking the Lord what to do next.

A blond lady, about 5'3" and approximately 50 years old came out of nowhere it seemed and wanted directions of some sort. When she got about 3 feet away from me, all of a sudden we felt an explosion, like a big "POOF!" in the air between us and she burst into tears.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! " she said over and over as she grabbed my hand and shook it in both of hers.

I said "Your welcome. God Bless you!" and she shook my hand some more, then we parted.

I started walking back to my car, stunned and I asked the Lord, "What was that?" because Holy Spirit was so happy. He showed me that this precious lady was set free from an evil spirit, as she got close to me, because of the presence of the Lord that I was carrying. I did not have to pray or drive the demon out. I did not even get to say anything and it left her! All because of worship and the new song of the Lord. So I prayed right then, that she would be forever free in Jesus' name.

As you can tell, I still have lots to learn, but praise the Lord, He will use us if we are available! At that time in my life I did not even know how to pray out a demon, ( LOL!) and He still used me. To God be all the Glory!

I was reminded of the verse, "He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it and fear, and shall trust in the Lord." (Psalm 40:3)

Yes, many shall see it, (the effects of the New Song of God) and fear reverentially, and shall trust in the Lord. Hallelujah! There is power in the new song that God gives you. Power to set captives free and help others. Another verse that speaks of this kind of "setting captives free" is Job 22:30, "He will deliver even one who is not innocent, who will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands." It works!

The bible says, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18 Amen! Holy Spirit wants to help us, help others. Praise the Lord!

You know, singing a new song is easier than you think. Start at home or in the car where you won't have anyone listening to you. Think of a song where you don't know all the words and start singing what you know of it. Then when you get to the parts you don't know ask Holy Spirit what you can sing to Him. He will give you new words to the song and you will be singing a new song from your heart to Him.

Another way to sing a new song is to ask Holy Spirit, "What can I say or sing that will bless Your Heart?" Ask Him for a few words then ask him for a melody to put the words to. It can be a melody you know, like a popular song or a children's lullaby and sing it. You can start with something simple and just practice singing it over and over. Sometimes you might start to notice Holy Spirit moving in around you like a sweet presence, or you will notice your eyes will tear up. Singing a new song really blesses the Lord's heart. Truly, "He inhabits the praises of His people." (Ps 22:3)

Here is an example song the Lord gave me one day. It is very simple, yet Holy Spirit loves it.

"God, He is good. His mercy endures forever." two times then, "God You're so good. Your mercy endures forever." two times.

You see, it doesn't have to be difficult or complicated. So have fun and don't stress out about it. As you ask Holy Spirit questions and follow His promptings you will get better at discerning His voice and you will also be blessing the Father's Heart.

If music is not your forte, why not try doing a rap song or speak out your words like poetry, with lots of emotion? That will work too and you will feel better as you do it. We all need an outlet to express our gratitude for what the Lord has done for us. I have got to say, in twenty five years I have never been able to out give the Lord. As I try to bless His heart, He always gives back, so much more.

Be blessed in Jesus' name! It is so amazing what God will do, if we are willing and obedient. I give Him all the Glory! Please feel free to write me back about your practice song sessions with the Lord. I am very excited for you.

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: