Sunday, February 15, 2009

Major On Mercy

Church was difficult today -- at first. I wanted a break through for someone in particular so I was praying on their behalf. I wasn't getting anywhere fast and the heavens were quiet, so I asked Holy Spirit what to do.

"Mercy," He whispered back.

"Mercy," I breathed under my breath. "Your Mercies, Lord, are new every morning," I whispered, ever so quietly, while everyone else was singing.

"Lord, have mercy on us, mercy... mercy... mercy. We don't deserve your love or your touch, but I'm asking because You are so merciful. Come and touch each one holy... Holy Spirit. Come touch this precious person that I don't see very often. Come now please.

I felt a waft of air on my cheek. He's manifesting His Sweet Presence again. Not because we deserve it, no, no no. Only because I throw myself on His mercy and ask like a beloved child.

Holy Spirit touched many today in the service, although some were oblivious to His sweet presence. Sin hardens a person's heart so they don't hear His soft, gentle voice. They don't know what they are missing. No cost is too high to pay for His sweet presence... no cost.

As a child of God I have no ability to earn my Father's attention, especially when He's busy, but, as a child, if I approach as a child that is loved, He'll stop His business to visit with me. You know, "all things are possible..." when you have your Father's attention. (Mark 10:27)

I am going to keep majoring on His mercy. I love watching Holy Spirit touch other people. I love to see Him set people free, heal their hearts and give them fresh hope, direction and strength.

Holy Spirit... come again please. It's just You and me, now. Please draw me after You and I will run after You. (SofS 1:4)

No comments: