Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Deciding To Dance

I have decided. I would rather people get mad at me now for telling them about the Lord then have them curse my name forever in Hell because I didn't tell them how to get saved.

It's that simple. Every day we will have opportunities to witness or testify about our God and his help, support and guidance in our lives and we have to choose whether or not we will obey and be His witnesses. (see Luke 6:46-49)

To me that's the first step in being a sold out Christian, or a disciple in other words. Remember how excited we were about Jesus and the things of God when we first got saved? Well that same excitement can be yours again. It all starts with a love for souls. I once read somewhere that "He who loves souls, lives in constant revival."

I have found this to be true. As I live in fellowship with the Holy Spirit listening for His voice, I get involved with the Great Commission because that's God's heart. "For the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost." (Luke 19:10) As I spend time with Him, I get a glimpse of His heart and He loves so much! He's not willing that any should perish! (2 Pet 3:9)

So then my day becomes a dance, He's leading and I'm following. We dance over here and speak a word to someone, we dance over there next and bless someone else. We dance over to the grocery store and share a word with someone else. Our whole day can be a beautiful dance with the Lord. It's so much easier when He leads and I just follow along. In the morning I just ask Him to go ahead of me and prepare the way for me. He knows who He wants me to talk to and witness to, and He will even tell me what to say. It's really not too difficult.

Let's pray. Holy Spirit, show me how to dance this next day with You please? I long to dance with you more and more. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

No comments: