Friday, October 23, 2009

In Myself


When I am tempted to think that I'm really something... it's time to go through my scriptures verses again.

In myself I am nothing. (Gal. 6:3)
In myself I know nothing. (1Cor. 8:2)
In myself I have nothing. (1Cor. 4:7)
In myself I am and can do nothing. (John. 15:5)

Protect me Lord from haughty eyes and an arrogant heart... which are sin. (Prov. 21:4)
Thank You Lord that I will not allow the pride in my heart to deceive me. (Obediah 3)

The more the Glory and power of God flows through our words and actions, the more we need to be reminded that it's God-- not us.

Yes, we co-labor with Holy Spirit as we obey Him, but the Glory is all His. He will not share it with anyone! (Isaiah 42:8) I heard someone say that if we give God all the Glory, He'll give us all His benefits. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Benny Hinn says to live a Holy life. I agree. Holy Spirit is attracted to us more and more as we take thoughts captive, watch our words and live a holy life. (2Cor.10:4-5, Matt.12:35-37, Phil 4:8) In Job 22:30 it says, "He will deliver even one who is not innocent, who will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands." Wow! I love that verse. To me this verse means that as I live a holy life, I can pray for others and Holy Spirit will set them free. Amazing! That's good news.

Isaiah emphasized the importance of submitting to the holiness journey, "See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another." (Isaiah 48:10-11)

Therefore, if we want to keep flowing in Holy Spirit we must make sure that we give God all the glory.

I know myself because it's happened to me. As soon as I started to think I was something special, I started drifting away from Holy Spirit. A few hours later when I asked Him a question, I didn't hear an immediate answer. That scared me.... I don't want to be here if He's not with me. I did a quick inventory and started repenting and asking Holy Spirit what I had done wrong. Thank God for His Mercy and Grace!

So let's all say, "Thank You Lord for using us today. We give you all the Glory, before and after for what You are going to do. Please warn us Holy Spirit when we start to walk in pride. Give us humble, teachable hearts so we can always have sweet fellowship with You. In Jesus' name we ask. Amen."

No comments: