Thursday, November 5, 2009

Almost There


Learning how to walk tight with Holy Spirit is a learning process. I wish I could say that I have arrived but after twenty plus years, I'm still catching myself once in a while.

Last night I asked Holy Spirit what He wanted to show me and I saw a cave with some rock icicles hanging from the ceiling. It was so dark I didn't want to stay in the vision but Holy Spirit said there was more to see. Trying to focus I noticed a translucent window that begged investigation. I moved over to see a morbid scene; a road leading down into the earth and people behind a partially built wall in the road.

Something was happening! The partially built wall, in the road was hindering the people from going down the road to you know where. I was squeamish at the sights and sounds and I didn't want to be in this vision. I was upset and horrified at what was happening before my eyes and I wanted to scream at the people to run the other way, but they couldn't hear me.

Shaken... I asked Holy Spirit what was the point of showing me this scene? He showed me that the bricks in the wall were parts of christian character, and how a life totally submitted to the Lord, mature, full of Holy Spirit will cause us to be such a witness that many will be turned to Him. In essence, hindering people from going to Hell.

Too much you think? I thought it was presumptuous too. So I asked the Lord for more confirmation, after all we are supposed to ask for two or three witnesses before establishing something.

Holy Spirit showed me Col. 2:9-10 and to paraphrase it we have Holy Spirit, which is the fullness of God, in us right now. OR, We've been filled with the fullness of God now... already. Christ means 'the anointed one and His anointing' which is Holy Spirit, the powerhouse of Creation. (Gen.1:2)

Then Holy Spirit brought two more verses to my attention. We are the light of the world (now). (Matt. 5:14) We are the salt of the earth. (Matt. 5:13)
Holy Spirit wants our lives to so shine with God's glory that people are turned from their unbelief to a living faith.

I was thinking about this whole thing yesterday and I was reminded of a time before I was saved. I was on a transit bus and there was a man sitting on the seat over the rear tire. He had white hair, a white shirt and trousers on. His countenance was so lit up that he glowed and I desperately wanted some of what he had. He had nothing naturally to make me attracted to him... yet I could sense goodness, hope, love and laughter around him. I couldn't stop glancing at him from my seat on the back bench of the bus. He seemed oblivious to me, just looking out the window and taking in all the sights. I wish I had had the guts to ask him what made his countenance glow. I am now convinced that he was a Christian full of Holy Spirit. (2Cor. 3:18)

Anyhow, I want to be like that man. As I drive my school bus, or move people may those around me see something of God in me.

God is looking for a few good people, men or women, who will dare to believe His promises. We haven't seen too many people who glowed with the Glory of God yet, but it's coming. I want to sign up for all that God has for me.
How about you?

(For Further reference; Rom. 12:1-2, John 10:27, Luke 12:32, Phil. 2:13, 2Chron. 16:9, Psalm 24, Jer. 29:11)