Saturday, June 4, 2011

Break my Heart

 Break my heart... Huh?  Those are dangerous words. Are you wondering why I'm writing this?
 I am writing this because I saw a lady today crossing a parking lot with a decided limp and I didn't do anything about it!

What's wrong with me?  I was sitting in my car, waiting for my daughter to finish work and I had nothing  to do.   She walked haltingly into the McDonalds and I wondered what had happened to her but didn't think to go pray for her.  A few minutes later she came out with her McDonalds with her little bag of fast food and she stopped by to comment about my dog Scoobie.  Just a few seconds... but if I had been with it, I would have capitalized on the opportunity to ask her about her back.

What bugs me the most is that I used to do this kind of thing all the time and I saw many people touched by God.

I am thinking that I am too complacent. It's almost like a sleepiness is trying to come over me so that I slip into apathy.  Been there, done that...  almost a boredom.   I cannot allow this to happen! It doesn't get any better than seeing Heaven manifest on the earth!

Jesus paid such a huge price for me to have the power of God flowing through my hands and words.

"Lord, please break my heart with the things that break Yours.  Help me to keep my heart tender to hear Your  gentle voice. I humble myself under Your mighty hand. Forgive me of all the opportunities I have wasted and give me another chance.  Help me not to spend my days frivolously.  Guide me to the right teaching and show me how to keep Your fire burning all the time. I decree that I am on fire for You forever and that I am bold because I am righteous and that I capitalize on opportunities to share and pray for people.  Let Your kingdom come in my life and Your will be done in my life today. Amen!"

May we always be passionate for our Lord and Savior! Amen!

Bless you!
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: