Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Let the Fear of God be Upon me

Pic is courtesy of Photobucket.com

Hi there.  After I wrote the post, "More Glory if I pay the Price" I thought I should share this song that the Lord gave me years ago about walking in the fear of God.  It has helped me so much!   The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom and leads to life.  Hallelujah!

Whenever I think I am being flippant about the grace and mercy the Lord has shown me I start singing this song and it helps to get me back on track.  I thought I had it recorded properly but it wasn't so that took me a bit of time.

Here it is and may it help you as much as it's helped me.   http://youtu.be/0imIWykY5bQ

Col. 3:5-10 "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." (Italics & underline are mine)

Sounds easy eh?  No, it's not.  If it was we would all be sinless!  On our own we can't do this. However,  the more we fill up on Holy Spirit and the word, the more we will desire the good things of God.  

 Here's another key to bring you closer to victory. "When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death." (James 1:13-15) 

This passage says that  we are tempted to sin by our own evil desires.  Only as we recognize that the fruit of our sin is a form of death, will we hate the sin enough to want to get free from it.  Therefore, let's keep asking for fear of the Lord because it's 'the beginning of wisdom' and the start of recognizing the fruit of death that our sin is leading to.

On that note I am going to keep singing that song, lol.
Blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson

If you like this article please share it!

No comments: