Tuesday, January 29, 2013

An Oasis

Pic from wikipedia.com
I will never forget the first time I went to West Carleton Christian Assembly (Kinburn Revival).  It was on a blustery Friday night, Jan. 1st as I remember.  There weren't many cars in the parking lot but I didn't care.  I had heard that God's presence was welcomed there and I was desperate for living water.

Just a few weeks earlier the church I used to go to had a guest speaker and his band ministering.  I was praising and dancing like a fool at the back of the church when a lady commented on how hard I was dancing.  I told her that I was so desperate for a breakthrough that if God told me to dance naked I would have.  That ended that conversation!

So anyhow, I got to this church I heard about  and had to wait for someone to unlock the door.  When I walked in I could feel in the spirit that it was different.  I started to pray and seek the Lord and the service started soon after.  When they invited worshipers to the front I was thrilled!  That's my favorite place to be!  It's so much easier to focus on the Lord when there's no one in front of you, at least for me it is.

During the worship the Lord told me to lay down on the floor. I hesitated and then thought, "What have I got to lose?"  Well did the Lord ever minister to me!  A fellow came by and told me to sit up a couple of times so he could give me a prophetic word and I couldn't!  I was pinned to the floor by an invisible force and I felt Holy Spirit taking away layers of pain and disappointment.  It was awesome!   I didn't want to get back up.  Wave after wave of love and encouragement flooded my soul and healed my heart.

This church has been an oasis for so many people.  This song goes out to all the people looking for an oasis.  May you find one within driving range soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHFVnc0kCBY&feature=player_embedded

Bless you richly!
Brenda Gale Thompson

Ps.  If you liked this article please share!

No comments: