Thursday, January 3, 2013

Slandered!



I'm sure as I write this, that it's happened to many of you.  You go to work one day and people are looking at you funny and asking strange questions.  You might not think anything of it till you get called into a meeting with managers, where they start grilling you on events gone by.

As you try to recollect the details of the events that transpired you have the sinking feeling in your gut that you have been slandered.  Your motives have been called into question.  It's a horrible feeling.  It can wreck your best day and cause many sleepless nights.

I am here to tell you that God is faithful.  If you will stick with God and determine not to become bitter or vengeful God will vindicate you.  He got me out of many nasty situations that the HR manager called 'a poisoned work environment'.  And praise the Lord, I never lost my job!

I was wondering how slander gets started and it's so sneaky.  It can start off with being disappointed and then you want to 'air' your feelings.  It can start with you wanting to manipulate a person, because of preconceived ideas of what you need them to do, so you feel comfortable or satisfied.  Most of the roots are fear based.  You start asking why and eventually you'll get to a fear based reason.

I hate fear because it's not from God.  So when I recognize it in my life I go after it to root it out.  Here are some scriptures I have been using to renew my mind  so I don't become the enemy's tool to destroy someone else.


Thank You Lord that I am wise because I don't utter slander.  (ref. Prov. 10:19)
Those who hide hatred with lying lips are fools, (Prov. 10:18).  Therefore I choose to forgive and You look after me. 

Thank You Lord that it's to a person's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. Prov. 20:3

Thank You Lord that the reverential fear of YOU if the beginning of wisdom!  I draw near and ask for more please.  (Ps. 111:10, Prov. 9:10)

The words of a gossip are like choice morsels, they go down to a man's inmost parts. (Prov. 26:22)
A gossip separates close friends. (Prov. 16:28)

Thank You Lord that though bosses sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees. (Ps 119:23)

Do not slander a servant to his master, or he will curse you, and you will pay for it. (Prov. 30:10 italics mine)

That's warning enough eh?  You'll pay for slandering others!  Lord have mercy on us and give us a great guard over our mouths and set watch over our lips so that we don't sin against You or others that You died for.  (Ps. 141:3) Amen.

Bless you today!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

P.S. If this has blessed you please share!


No comments: