Sunday, June 16, 2013

Little by Little

 It was my grand daughter's birthday  last week and I wanted to give her something special.  My daughter didn't want to take the time to learn how to crochet or knit so I took over.    It looks like a lot, but really it's not.   I just did a little every day or so-- when I was waiting for the bus, baking something or listening to some great teaching on youtube.  Little by little the number of clothing pieces  increased over time.

The key is to start and not give up.  Some of these pieces I had to rip apart and crochet or knit over and over to get them to fit right.   It's the same  with seeking the Lord.  Some days it seems like all I can do is spend my  hour trying to quiet my mind so I can hear his voice. Yet through it all I am growing little by little into His image.

God knows about your struggles. He knows how loud and insistent the world can be.  Every day you seek him you are changed into His glory bit by bit, as you worship and stand in His presence.  The Bible promises that and God can't lie.

So this week as I worship God might be working on forgiveness.... next week it might be faithfulness.  I can guarantee you that He's the best potter in the universe!

People have asked me how I carry this great anointing on me; where they feel angels as soon as I start to worship.  It starts with the day to day seeking.  Just like all these barbie doll clothes started bit by bit he's working on me bit by bit.  You cannot go wrong seeking Him; spending time away with Him every day.  When I try to do what he shows me in the secret place I receive grace to do what He's called me to do.  He is the most amazing God!  And the best part is that what He has done for me He wants to do for you and 100x more than that!

So don't give up!  You're further than you've been before and you are closer to Him than you realize!
He who began a good work in you will finish it.   And that's a promise you can take to the bank!

I bless you in Jesus' name!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: