Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer is almost here!

Hi.  I haven't dropped off the planet.  I have gotten my gardens going this year and I put in two hummingbird feeders so there wouldn't be so many fights.

Also, I have been riding my horse with a dear friend and it's been so much fun!
Here's me before we actually go out.

 Anyhow, I was recently asked how I manage to keep smiling with all the work I do volunteering at church.  I think the key is to ask God how much you are supposed to do and only do that amount.  I'm having to get better at saying, "No."  And no means no.  No guilt trips will move me.  If God's not in it I don't want to do it.

Too many people get burnt out at churches with the work load and then they don't want to do anything.  I don't want to get to that point.  When I struggled with saying 'no' to people in authority over me I got a book out from the library about boundaries and how to enforce them.

You can only do so much!   It's not your responsibility to keep their world turning!   So make sure you take your day off a week and keep your relationship with God your top priority.   If you expect your reward from God you are doing well. If you are expecting promotion, recognition or opportunities from your Pastor etc. you might be disappointed.

Clear concise communication about what you can and can't do will help to avoid conflicts down the road.  It's so important.

I hope what I shared helps you to keep your priorities straight.  There's absolutely no point in getting so busy that you don't have time for God.  You can't replace that hour every day with him.  That's how the growth happens.  We think we're waiting on God to do something and all the while He's waiting for us to come away and just spend time with Him. It's tragic how easily the days slip by!

I am reminded of an acronym that Gloria Copeland uses...

S = Satan
C = Constantly
U = Uses
D = Distractions!

Therefore, let's keep scheduling in our time with God before the day fills up.

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson




No comments: