Thursday, December 1, 2016

Tool Box Faith!

Hi again.    I was thinking about how much I missed my tools from back home since I moved.   Seems like I'm always needing another tool.   The hardware stores love me I'm sure!

Anyhow... There's a good analogy there.  The Bible is a tool box full of tools and each promise is a tool.   Now you can have that tool box in your garage for years and not know how to use those tools or even know what they are called, right?  Right!  Just ask  around...

In the same way we have tons of tools in the word of God but we don't know what they are or what they can do for us!   It isn't until we have a need and someone comes to help us that we realize what we have in our tool box!  

And I can also tell you that when I tried to learn how to use some of the tools in the garage I made a lot of mistakes. I bet you can relate to that too!

It's the same with the word of God!  We have all these wonderful promises (tools) at our disposal, but if we don't take the time to learn about these promises and what they can do for us we'll never get good at using them and we'll never get the jobs done! 

Tell you what!  I want to learn how to use all the tools in my tool box!  I want to be comfortable in anyone's garage!  I want to be able to recognize an angle grinder or a tap and die set because you'll never know when you might run into a situation where you need to know how to use them!

I especially want to know how to use a hammer  because God says his word is like a fire and a hammer that smashes the rocks into pieces!  Yeah God!   (ref. Jer. 23:29)

I want to know how to use various screw drivers, vice grips etc., etc.,  You get my point?

For the men.... pretend it's the kitchen tools that you need to learn how to use!  Same difference. 

God wants us proficient as using all his promises and tools!

Anyhow... I'm rambling, LOL

Have a great day!
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: