Friday, March 6, 2009

What Grieves My Heart... Part 2


This post is a follow up to the previous post.

I spoke to this lady yesterday after prayer group. I was probably too gentle, but I love this lady and so many times when we are upset we will say things that we don't really mean. Then someone figures they have grounds to "warn" someone else... and so it continues. I asked her to be careful what she says because some people will react in fear and will start looking for dirt to substantiate the "warning." I also mentioned how I felt that Holy Spirit would warn people if there was a problem and she didn't need to interfere. All in all it went very well. She's still talking to me and I was able to talk to her gently, which is a miracle for me. (Thanks for your prayers!)

The whole time I prepared to speak to her I was keeping in mind the scripture verse, "You therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." (Romans 2:1) I wanted to be very careful that my words didn't come across as judgment, because then I'm part of the problem. I was really hoping she would see my words as exhortation to act more like Jesus and to trust Holy Spirit to warn people, if it was necessary.


I do not want the devil to win, so I have been blessing them both, on purpose and praying that Holy Spirit will help all of us to grow to be more like Jesus. The scripture verse that came to me was, "Let no sin have dominion over us Lord, because we love Your word." (See Psalm 119:133)

I was thinking how much this is like the Veggie Tale called "The Rumor Weed." Life is weird and wonderful at times!
Bless you!

No comments: