Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What Grieves My Heart

It was a great prayer meeting. We praised and worshiped until we felt Holy Spirit's manifest presence then we stood in quiet silence while He touched our hearts. I love times like that. He knows how to heal the wounds of the day. We felt to pray for a lady that was going through a rough time and God gave me a word for her. Then the retired leader gave a word in tongues. I wasn't paying attention because He was talking to me and then somebody nudged me, "Interpret."

"Lord, what do I say?" I quickly asked... and I gave the interpretation. Holy Spirit confirmed the word, giving the lady a breakthrough and there were many tears and hugs. Hallelujah! To God be all the Glory.

As I was leaving a lady came up to me and said she felt to tell me something. I said okay and she waited till the people had left my side and started talking. She said she felt to warn me about a sister that I should not associate with, because she had an "inner trauma" that had not been dealt with and her gift might be used by the enemy. I
told her I would pray about it and left.

I departed and started praying immediately, because I felt offense trying to get in. "Maybe that's why my friend did that," I was thinking... after all, the lady that had warned me was a supposed "mature Christian." After a few hours of prayer I knew, but I knew, that my friend was just fine and this lady was being used by the devil to slander, gossip and hurt the body of Christ. Jealousy and pride had caused her to overstep her authority.

I told my Pastor what had happened and he told me to go confront this person. I'm praying about how to do this.

I know it's easier to be cautious about "warnings" like that, but I beg you to press into the Lord for His heart, before you go along with someone "who warns you about another Christian." I mean think about it... who's greater? If we are afraid to associate with someone because they might not be perfect yet, we will be alone forever. The last time I checked, we were all in the process of being sanctified.(Heb 10:14) If we believe that the devil is greater than God, Holy Spirit inside of us, shame on us! If His power can't keep us and protect us from ALL evil, then we need to renew our minds.(Rom 12:2-3)

We are entering an era where the acts of the apostles are going to be done again. We do not want to shut it down, in our midst by listening to the "warnings" of other people. Let's go test the fruit of that person's life, first.

P.S. I did a google image search on "slander" and it came up with many images of a person whispering in another person's ear and it also came up with a hangman's noose. If the world can figure out that slander is "death by words"... why can't the church?

No comments: