Monday, May 31, 2010

Out of Words?



I think it's awesome that when I run out of words God always has something to say. When I don't know what to say to somebody, I ask the Lord for an encouraging word for them. My girlfriend, an amazingly detailed prophetess started out this way. It's legit too. The Bible even says that we are to desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophesy. (1Cor. 14:1)

Sometimes people get one word and as they speak it to the person the river starts flowing and they get a lot more words. Most intercessors get a word or a picture and as they ask the Lord questions about it the revelation unfolds.

It's a very exciting life. The more you practice the more you will grow in the gifts.

The Bible says that, "A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men."(Prov. 18:6) Amen. Russ Moyer, a visiting prophet, said something that caught my attention... "If we don't use our gift(s) we are shutting the doors to our future ourselves." Ouch! That's something to think about.

I recently heard that fear of reproach or retaliation has kept many people silent at work. I believe it because it has happened to me. As soon as you give in to fear once, it gets harder and harder to witness at work.

The Lord on the other hand has promised that He will be with you. "He'll never leave you or forsake you. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me." Also, "He's not given you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind/self control. ( Heb. 13:5-6, 2Tim 1:8)

Therefore, let us resist fear and speak those encouraging words to others that will bless them and get them back on track with God's plan for their lives.

It's easier than you might think. I make sure I am walking with the Lord and that my heart is right. Then I double check to make sure that His love is shed abroad in my heart by Holy Spirit. (Rom 5:5) I don't want any fleshy attitudes or preconceived ideas influencing what I am hearing.

Then I ask, "Lord, What's up with them? or "What do you want me to say, Lord? or "Give me an encouraging word for them, Lord." And I tell them what I get right away. Don't make the mistake of walking away and telling yourself you'll do it later. Procrastination is not from God!

Also, I don't speak 'Christianese' to people. Non Christians don't understand it most of the time, anyhow.

You can say, "I see kindness in you." If they are receptive ask the Lord for more.
Sometimes I have said, "I was praying and God gave me three words for you. Do you want to know what they are?" Sometimes, I have even forgotten to ask them if they want to know what I've heard! There's grace and mercy to cover mistakes.

Everybody, everywhere is hungry for encouragement and affirmation. Especially practice on your family and friends... just make sure you don't have preconceived ideas or judgments that will skew your hearing God's voice.

Use Phil 4:8 as a guide line for what is acceptable to say. "Whatsoever things are true whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think(speak) on these things."

If you get something negative or awful, don't tell them --that's a word of knowledge for you. Ask the Lord what you can say that will cut that thing out of their lives and turn them around.

Have fun! Your faith is alive because you are a doer of the word and not just a hearer.(James 2:17-22) You are blessed and highly favored by the greatest King of all... JESUS! I bless you with great boldness and confidence in Holy Spirit. (Prov. 28:1)

No comments: