Wednesday, June 2, 2010

tv today?




Today I want to ask the Lord for prophetic insights into people's lives to draw the gold out of them. Just another ordinary day, heh, heh.

This morning I got the song, "Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord." I listened to it on youtube and for some reason I never heard part of the song before. It goes, "...and He will lift you up into Heaven." That is so cool... sounds like an invitation.

This am I have prayed for someone fighting offense, someone with a sore back, someone with a hurt big toe and someone fighting blocked arteries as well as fixing the horse fencing around here.

God's so good. He's quite willing to come along and talk while I work, the key is to keep listening.

Did you know that we are seated with Him in Heavenly places? (Eph. 2:6) Also, as we listen to Holy Spirit and cut the junk out of our lives, our imagination will become more and more useful to receive insights and revelation from Heaven.

I didn't realize this at first. When Holy Spirit told me to not watch certain tv shows and movies I didn't know what I was going to do with myself. It cut out a lot of social time with my family. However, I was determined to keep Holy Spirit happy at any cost, I mean any cost and it has been well worth it. Over the years my tv time has dwindled to nothing and there are few movies that I care to watch.

Holy Spirit has a tender heart and he's easily grieved. He doesn't like anyone getting slandered, put down or hurt. I remember when Holy Spirit said, "No." to America's Funniest Videos. My family did not understand at all. Every time someone would fall or get hurt I would start praying in tongues and everyone else would be laughing. What's wrong with this picture? I asked the Lord about it and He said that the person who was hurt, was someone He died for and that when we laugh we are shutting down compassion.

Compassion is love, ie. Holy Spirit moving through us, compelling us to make a difference. I don't ever want to quench His voice.

Maybe you have been asking why you are not hearing God's voice well. Perhaps the tv and movies you watch are searing your conscience like a hot iron. That can make it very hard to move into worship because flashes of things you've seen will come in your mind as you try to focus on the Lord. If this has happened to you too, just ask the Lord to forgive you and cleanse you. (1John 1:9)

Lord please bless the person reading this. Open their eyes to see more in the Spirit and give them revelation of Heaven and their high calling in You. Amen. (ref. Rev. 3:18, Rev. 5:10)

No comments: