Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pentecost and Multitudes

Today is the day that all Israelis are celebrating. Most Christians around the world will be celebrating this Sunday.

Holy Spirit come more into our lives! That's the cry of our hearts. Isaiah 66 verse one says that "Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool, where is the house that you build to me? and where is the place of my rest?"

Me! I will be a place for Holy Spirit to rest. I'm praying that there are so many others too that are saying "Yes Lord, I will be a resting place for you."

Time to spend time pursuing Him has meant that I've had to lay down many other pursuits. There are so many good things that crowd out the best. I have to keep asking the Lord for grace because I was born a Martha type of person. I like to get things done. (reference Luke10:38-42)

The Bible says, "but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at my word." (Is. 66:2) Psalm 15 and 24 give us more detailed clues as to what Holy Spirit wants so that a visitation can become a habitation; pure heart, clean hands, no idols etc., etc.

The only way to possibly do this is to live conscious of Holy Spirit full time and that takes practice. The Lord told me one time, "It can be done beloved." There's grace to cover short comings as you grow in Him.

It gets easier as you rest in Holy Spirit. I decree my regular scriptures every morning, Ps:141:3, Is 54:17, Ps. 91 and I let Holy Spirit lead as to what else I am supposed to do during the day.

My biggest problem is business. I miss so many opportunities to minister because I get busy grocery shopping, or I am rushing to get somewhere. I must make more time in my schedule for the Lord which translates in less time to do other things. Sigh. Thank God for more grace!

The most important thing to do is start. Keep asking Holy Spirit for more. Keep asking Him questions about what you should do as you journey with Him. He will let you know what to work on first.

It's worth it! I keep seeing Jesus and He's showing me the view over a cliff. As far as the eye can see there are multitudes of people. They are all cheering and ecstatic!
He's so happy... He's let me in on His joy and I am addicted.

So I press on to "...know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death; If by any means I might attain to the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this to you. (Phil.3:10-15)

Notice in verse 15 that it says "as many as be perfect." That means that God counts us as perfect now, a head of time, because we are trying. We do not have to be perfect to have Holy Spirit's manifest presence with us All the time. Hallelujah!
We have the second promise in that verse that if our hearts aren't perfect, Holy Spirit will reveal it to us. Praise the Lord! That takes away all human striving. We can relax with the Lord and trust His guidance and wisdom.

Let me bless you before you go. Lord, I ask that you would bless the person reading this. Show them your heart's desire for them. Reveal Yourself in a fresh way to them, in Jesus' name I ask. Amen.
Bless you bunches!
Brenda Gale

No comments: