Monday, September 20, 2010

Living for His Smile

I just started praising the Lord as I was cleaning up the kitchen.  I am doing my serenade game with the Lord; asking Holy Spirit what He would like to hear then singing it to Him as a love song.

I just got the song, "Great is His faithfulness".  I was at the part, "all I have needed, thy hand has provided..." when I heard Holy Spirit ask me, "What do you need?"

I don't really know the answer to that one.  I'm living in my childhood dreams. I have had a career and now  I am happy to work at a less stressful position and enjoy my family.

I want His smile, more than anything else,  because God measures success differently then we do.  We think it means the fame and wealth of this world, and that maybe a part of it, but there is much more.  For example, King Saul had just won two battles when God said, "I'm sorry I made him king." (1Sam. 15:1-11)  Imagine, everyone is singing his praises, yet the Lord was sorry he was king.  That really goes to show that we can't go by this world's standards.

My hubby's grandmother used to say, "If you don't have your health, you don't have anything."and to some extent that is true.  How do you measure success?  Is it how many trips you take, the car you drive, who you associate with, the size of your house?

I know what matters to me,  His smile.  There's nothing like knowing you helped God during your day.

Anyhow,  I've got to finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Have a good evening.  I'm going to continue serenading my King.  After all,  as we seek Him first, all these other things will be added to us. Hallelujah!
Lord, please go ahead of us tomorrow and prepare the way for us. We want to make a difference for You. Amen!
Bless you!

No comments: