Sunday, September 12, 2010

God's Leading

I can remember driving by this company called Computing Devices twenty two years ago. I felt a nudge to investigate it but I ignored it because I thought it was a software type of company.

Now that I think about it the Lord nudged me about that place a few times over the two years that I drove by.

At the time I was working in sales and I was not happy. God was trying to answer my prayer but my preconceived ideas and snap judgments precluded me working at this place.

You want to know what's funny? Twenty one years later I got a job there. It's now called General Dynamics and I love it there. I am kicking myself for not listening to the Lord so many years ago.

Learning to discern Holy Spirit's nudges can take some training so I beg you, "today if you hear His voice do not harden your hearts," as the Israelites did in the wilderness." (ref. Heb. 4:7)

So many times we blame God for where we are and how things turn out in our lives and many times it's not His fault. He's trying to lead and guide us but we are not listening. Or worse still, we figure we know better and dismiss His guidance.

So I say to you (and myself), "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your heart (path)." Prov. 3: 5-6

Daily quiet time will help you to hear His voice and discern whether the little nudges are something you should revisit or explore.

I let the devil run me ragged back then and if I remember correctly I was more interested in reading science fiction novels then spending time with God. I was of the mindset that "I deserved a break today." No, actually we all deserve hell apart from God's mercy and grace. I have come a long way since those days and so can you. All things are possible with God. (Matt. 19: 26)

Beware of snap decisions and preconceived ideas because they usually lead to trouble. Act in haste... repent at leisure is a saying I heard many a time. I remember vowing that I would never go out with an Engineer because there were so many boors in my classes. Well guess what? I had to eat those words because I married one! We've been married almost twenty years now. It's too funny.

You want to hear something else? My husband always used to say that he would never go out with someone that had a kid. I had a three year old little girl. God made him eat his words. His friends even reminded him of what he used to say. God's got a sense of humor.

Therefore, let's acknowledge God's leadership in ALL our ways. As we listen for the little nudges we get, we will be blessed because that's God's plan for us. He delights in the prosperity of his servants. (Psalm 35:27) Hallelujah!

Lord help us all to hear Your voice more clearly and not to over rule or dismiss Your gentle nudges. I bless the person reading this blog.  May they be blessed in all their ways, mentally, spiritually, physically and financially in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: