Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hay Tarps and Provision

How's that for a tarping job?   We used the truck on one side and a tractor on the other side to hold it down and round baler twine to lash it on the other ends. When the storm started the baler twine snapped like thread  and my hubby started to panic. Over $500.00 worth of horse hay in square bales was at stake. I yelled above the howling wind and rain, "Grab the fencing tape!" and my daughter and I positioned ourselves to hold the tarp down while we waited for him to get back.

It was thundering all around us, but I had already prayed for protection over my farm so I wasn't concerned. I have seen God redirect lightning to protect my family and I.

It seemed like an eternity but it was probably only a minute before my hubby came back out and we got the tarp lashed down and headed indoors.
Opposite Side
 We were not even planning on doing square bales because it's so much work, but I did not find a part time job this summer.   I applied at several places as was going to continue to apply but Lord told me not to. 

I didn't get upset about it or start fretting, I just increased my faith confessions and watched my tongue.
When the phone call came asking me if I would be doing square bales from a lady I hadn't heard from in a couple of years I knew that God was opening a door of provision. Hallelujah!  She wanted as many square bales as we could spare. Hallelujah!   There was my grocery money for the summer or so I thought.

My husband was really excited because he was envisioning where the money could go and it wasn't the same destination I was thinking of, LOL.  I am sure if you have been married any length of time that this has happened to you too.

So... do I ball and squall about how it's not fair?   I was thinking of it and then thought better. I asked the Lord if he had something to say. He immediately brought to my remembrance  the well Isaac had believed for and dug in faith only to lose it to the Philistines.  He didn't give up!  He went on to dig two more wells before he was able to keep one for himself and his people. (ref. Gen 26:19-22)  I believe that God was telling me to believe for another income opportunity to open up.

Our God has a zillion ways to look after us.  He has always taken good care of me.   Really!  He has always taken good care of me and He loves you just as much as he loves me. He is no respector of persons, and he does love to hear faith testimonies coming out of our mouths. (Acts. 10:34, Rev. 19:10)

Shout it in the devil's face when those troubling thoughts come about how you are going to make it.  If God can open one income stream, he can open another one as long as we keep our words right.  No grumbling or complaining allowed.  That shuts down the power of God really fast.  The Israelites died in the wilderness because of all their stout words.  That is not going to happen to this girl!

Let's pray together.  "Lord, in Jesus' name we break any assignments of the devil to bring curses, sickness, poverty and opposition against us and our families.  We plead the blood of Jesus over ourselves and our families right now. We loose the plans of God for our lives and call in blessings, provision, opportunities and favor with God and with people.  Lord, we give you all the glory for what you are doing now in our lives.  Be glorified in our lives today.  Amen!"

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: