Friday, July 22, 2011

Every Day Is Important!

Every day is important when you are on the winning side.   It doesn't matter if you are at work or at home cleaning, every day counts for something in God's eyes.

Do not let the enemy lull you into complacency by telling you, it doesn't matter what you do today,  Or perhaps you have been putting off something God has asked you to do. Let me advise you that  these are tricks.  You can't go to step B without doing step A.

Every time you read your bible or talk to others about God there is a Heavenly record made.  That shows you that Heaven thinks it's important what you do every day.

Also,  every time you praise the Lord and give him the adoration he's due, he's promised to inhabit your praises. That means that the Creator of all the universe is visiting you.  What would you ask Him if you knew you could?  What would you say?  And we get lulled into watching reruns on tv instead of seeking God. Yeesh!  Have we been deceived or what?

The bible says that we are changed from glory to glory in HIS presence. (2Cor. 3:18) I guess we don't believe this word here in North America because way too many people are complacent in the musical part of our church services. Perhaps there has been an over emphasis on the word to the exclusion of the praise and worship.

In some church services the atmosphere is so heavy that you need a half an hour of good exhortative singing to get the people involved.  Then you can think about singing some worship songs.  All of this praise and worship has to be led by Holy Spirit of course and not 'man' orchestrated, which is probably why some churches hardly ever experience the glory of God.  Sad isn't it?  I used to belong to a church like that and I would often wonder why, when things were just starting to warm up,  the leader would shut it down.  It is very tragic.  Lord help these precious people to burn again with passion for you.

I don't know about you but I want to be changed. My face isn't shining like Moses' face did.  I don't see people getting healed by my shadow, so I know that there is more to be had.  God is no respecter of persons so if these fellows (Moses and Peter) can be changed from cowards to champions, then so can I.

I am going after God today, not tomorrow,  because I don't know if I even have tomorrow. (ref. James 4: 13-15)

If God thinks it's important to seek him... then it is, plain and simple.  If God could anoint Brother Lawrence as he did the dishes in the monastery... then he can anoint me as I putter around my house.  I am choosing to keep my ears open and to sing the words or songs He gives me.

I desperately need him today. He's promised to work on my behalf while I wait on him.  That's the best deal in the whole world! (Is 64:4)

May the Good Lord bless you today as you pursue Him for more glory and answers in your life.
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: