Saturday, July 9, 2011

Love And Heart Healing

photo courtesy of Photobucket.com
I was at the License Bureau in Carleton Place this am and a little boy of about two years old came in with his mommy and friend.  He was playing with a little red dinky car and I felt God's love for him. I asked the Lord a couple of questions to clarify what I was getting and then I approached the Mom to ask if I could share what the Lord was giving me as a way of blessing for her son.

She was all for it so I mentioned how her son had a grace gift of wisdom on him and that he wouldn't break her heart as a teenager.  There were a few other points the Lord gave me that I shared and I made sure that I mentioned Jesus in the conversation.

Then I gave out Million Dollar Bill tracts to all the people waiting and started telling another young lady what God had impressed me to share with her.


Then I shared with a different couple about the healing services at our church every Friday night and to bring anybody that might need some healing. I told them how much it grew my faith to see peoples' legs grow out in front of me and that people were coming from a long ways away for healing.

Are you starting to wonder what caused all of this?  I mean I didn't pray in tongues for hours before I went out. I just thought about how much God loved this little boy and the river flowed.

I'll tell you what happened.  We have some great people at our church that are really experienced in facilitating inner healing.  A few weeks ago Holy Spirit nudged me to go see them and I obeyed.  You might not think I would need to as I've been a Christian for 25 plus years and I am on the ministry team at church, but in some cases being on a ministry team means you should go for regular check-ups because of all the spiritual retaliation that can happen.

I went on Thursday morning and the people were very kind and gentle and Holy Spirit showed the man what he wanted us to visit and heal.  I said, "Sure," and it was so amazing.

Initially, I had a picture in my mind that was filled with pain and abandonment and then when the Pastor asked me to look at it again with Holy Spirit, it was like a transparency was laid over the picture and I could see all the glory and angels protecting me.  Did it ever change my perspective!  I was never, ever abandoned!  I was so wanted!  I could feel the scars melting away as I absorbed this new perspective.

Then the Pastor felt to pray that the stings I was getting because of my boldness would not hurt anymore.  That was really cool.  I could see a swarm of wasps flying around me but they couldn't sting me. Hallelujah!

I felt like I was 10 pounds lighter on the way home!  I knew all about the ministry of inner healing and had done seminars with John and Paula Sandford as a young believer, but this took it to a whole new level.

Is it any wonder that my ministry gifts would be much stronger after such a revelation of the Father's love and care?

I ministered powerfully to many people last night and then this morning it was as natural as breathing. Yay God!

I guess I want to encourage you to go for inner healing/counseling if Holy Spirit nudges you.  I had some concerns that what I shared might be used against me but then Holy Spirit showed me one Sunday that our church was a safe place to grow. That clinched it.  I don't ever want to hurt anyone and if my getting fixed up means that I can help others more, I am going to do it.

I bless you today as you pursue Jesus.  As you focus on God's love for those around you the gifts will flow, in Jesus' name.  Now go have fun with your Daddy. He loves you so, so much!

Big hugs and blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: