Saturday, August 13, 2011

Evangelism Yesterday.

courtesy of www.wcca.ca

Hi there.  Did I ever have fun yesterday.   There was an evangelism team sent out Friday morning from Logos Land and only 4 people showed up-- me and 3 guys. Well, the fellow wanted to send us out two by two, as in two women and two men but no other women showed up, so I went out by myself. 
I had so much fun.   I went and talked to people on the streets of Cobden, Ontario and chatted with people sitting on their lawns. I stopped a fellow that was mowing his lawn to tell him the good news of what God was doing at Logos Land.  It went really well.
I knew I had good news to share and that took all the pressure off.  I just asked each of them, "Have you heard what God is doing at Logos Land?" and proceeded to share about the miracles I had witnessed from the meetings.

A big thanks goes to those who backed me in prayer.  It was easy to witness.  The people were prepared and I  didn't have any problems.  I got to pray for a fellow that had bandages on his ankles from blisters.  I prayed for a lady that was going for dialysis every day and had never experienced the power of God. I gave out some million dollar bills to some teenagers that I stopped on the street and just chatted with them a bit. 

About half the people weren't home so I left a brochure where they would discover it on their way into the house.  Not bad results for a nice Friday morning.

I had lots of brochures left and about 40 photocopies of a note that said something like, "Come Experience a Supernatural Touch from God Tonight."  I was wondering what to do with them and I felt the nudge to go to Pembroke, a city about 15 minutes away.  As I started down the highway I asked the Lord where to go because the water baptism was at 1pm.  The Lord said to go to WalMart.


I got to Wal Mart and immediately started talking to people as they got into their cars, out of their cars, and as they walked by.  Many people had not heard about the meetings or about the miracles.  I made my way into Wal Mart giving out brochures and talking to people as I went and then got some lunch and talked to a couple of employees too and some of the customers.  I had fun giving out million dollar bills to the children too.  LOl.... of course I asked the parents if it was okay first.

Within 30 minutes I had talked to another 20 people easily and put the rest of the leaflets and brochures on cars in the parking lot.

Out of the approximate 50 people I talked to I only had two people that said not to waste my brochure on them and one person who wanted to argue that she didn't want anything to do with religion.  That's about 47 successful witnessing interactions.

We are definitely in the end times!  The people are hungry for the supernatural and many were amazed as I told them story after story of being on the ministry team and what I had witnessed.  One fellow that was sitting in his truck, looking at me sceptically as I shared some testimonies and I responded by putting a hand on his shoulder and saying, "We all need love."  That's all I felt to do but I know that God used that to witness to him.

It is not about having a canned response or knowing all the answers. It's about letting Holy Spirit flow through you. You might say something completely different and that's okay as long as we lean on Holy Spirit because we really don't know what to say or do.  He has promised to fill our mouths and his love will flow and the people will get touched.  (Luke 21:14-15, Rom 5:5)

So my thoughts for the day are:
1. Make sure you have prayer back up before you go out to do any kind of evangelism work. 

2. Know what you want to share about. For me it was about the meeting, "Did you hear about the tent meetings at Logos Land?  We've seen so many people healed  and touched by God..."

3. Excitement is contagious and dispels fear. You can't be full of Holy Spirit and fear at the same time so build yourself up in your most holy faith and speak out loud all the things you've seen and experienced.  The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy.  It really does make a difference! (2Tim. 1:7, Jude 1:20, Rev. 19:10, 1John 4:18)

4. Go!  Don't let anything or anyone stop you.  If someone is negative move on.  Ask Holy Spirit to guide and direct your steps, who to talk to, which cars to put a brochure on, etc., etc.

Have a great day as you step out of your boat/comfort zone!  The water is really great!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: