Friday, August 19, 2011

Flowing With The Holy Spirit

I love how our church encourages people to step out in their gifts.  I know I am growing faster because I am using what I have already been given.   I had a couple of new experiences last Friday that I want to share about as encouragement in case it ever happens to you.

A lady that I got to pray for last Friday night crumpled when I laid a hand on her.  I felt a roar of indignation come out of me, Like "How dare you devil!"  I wasn't sure what the roar was all about but it felt good! It was interesting that she felt she had to throw up as soon as I put my hand on her.  When she crumpled I felt Holy Spirit insist that I keep my hand on her until he gave the release.
 
I asked the Lord what her problem was and he showed me some growths in her abdomen and she confirmed it when I asked-- fibrosis.  She was mightily healed and felt much, much better.

I prayed for another lady after the preacher had to move on... he had felt the lump in her throat... moving.   So I asked the Lord what to do and he gave me a few words of knowledge and a prophetic word that weren't about healing at all!  I shared with her the words the Lord gave me and the direction I felt the Lord was prompting her to look for work in. 
 
It was very cool... as her heart was encouraged and healed from emotional wounds her physical body responded as well.  She must have thanked me 10 times. 

Interesting eh? The Lord knew that emotional healing would remove the enemy's access point to attack her physically.

Next, on Friday morning as we gathered to pray for the evangelism team,  I suddenly got a sore back when I looked at a fellow so I asked if anybody had a sore back.  He said that his wife had just called and her back was extremely sore and she felt unable to look after their four young children. So we gathered around him and prayed for his wife that she would have a great day, that God would heal her back and that God would send encouragement and support her way via a phone call or visit.  
 
It pays to ask the question when you get a word of knowledge.  If no one responds all you have lost is your pride. I have had people come to me later and say, "Remember that word you gave? That was for my mom that I have been praying for."  So, my thought is be obedient and let God look after your reputation.
 
I gave out some words of encouragement to a few teenagers before and after the service.  I wasn't going to but the Lord kept at me so I obeyed. (Funny and tragic how quickly we can get caught by protocol and rules into doing nothing)  These young men were not in the ministry line waiting for someone to pray for them and I didn't have a person with me when I prayed either.  (Another protocol broken!) 
 
One fellow was sitting behind me and this well of encouragement came out for him. I ended up praying that he would get a double portion of my song writing ability.
 
With one young man the word was about him coming out of the shadows because he was already a mighty man.  Also, the Lord was very strong about not condemning himself because He was so proud of his 'tries'.  He had a statesman's anointing and I felt it  had the potential to go Canada wide.  PTL!
 
Finally, I want to share that I missed it with team member.   For the last two days whenever I looked at her I got a little pain in my rectum area.  I meant to go ask her if she had an issue with hemorrhoids or something down there but never got the opportunity to ask her privately. I was not shocked when she shared about having tests on her colon. Now I know that that little pain I got was a real word of knowledge.  PTL!  I'm still learning and that's okay! Holy Spirit will do something else to cause people to pray.  He's able! There is no condemnation for us! None! (Rom. 8:1)


I hope this helps you when you get opportunities to minister to people.  Holy Spirit is faithful, he's never let me fall on my face yet!  (Luke 21:13-19)

Lord what you have done for me, do for this precious person too. Give them boldness to step out of their boat and make a difference for you. Help them to ask clarifying questions to determine which way you want them to flow in every situation.

I decree that you rule and you reign through Jesus Christ. (Prov. 18:1, Rom. 5:17)  The anointing you have received abides and remains on you.  The holy of Holies is inside of you right now and you are building yourself up in your most holy faith by speaking and singing in other tongues. (1 John 2:27, Col. 1:26, Jude 20). Amen!

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: