Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Glory is Available Now!


Did you know that God has given us all things already? "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:" (2Pet. 1:2-3)    That means that the glory has been given to us already.

Is 60:1-2 says that the glory of the Lord has risen upon us.  I know so many people that know this verse, but it's almost like they don't expect it to manifest in their lives till some far off day.   I am hear to tell you that it's yours now!  Don't put God off.   Heaven is a place where we will spend eternity, the glory is the manifest presence of God in the earth now.

I am claiming it now too.  "Thank you Jesus that your glory is seen on me now.  Thank You Lord that your glory flows through my hands today.  Thank You Lord that your glory manifests in my life today."

God has promised to meet all our needs according to his riches in glory so that's even more reason to want the glory of God in our lives. (Phil. 4:19)

Time in your secret place with God is the way to grow in God's presence and glory.   I always bring some music, my song recorder, my Bible, notebook and pens and a tea or drink.  I try to hide in my bedroom but sometimes if my hubby is sleeping I just sit in my kitchen.  Then I ask Holy Spirit to lead and guide me.

Every time it's a little bit different.  I use Psalm 100 as a baseline.... where we enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise.  I make sure to repent where Holy Spirit leads and make amends as he asks and I wash in the word of God figuratively speaking.  (The fastest way to change is to get a promise from the word of God to help you reprogram your mind to react differently to the stimuli.)

You know I have gone back to look at old journals and the notes I have made in the secret place are still full of glory (anointing). I don't understand how but I can feel Holy Spirit all over me as I read them.

I try to spend time in my secret place every day.  I heard that one lady has had the glory so thick that gold dust has fallen in her home.   Amazing eh?  I  want more of God, which ever way he wants to show up is fine with me.

I have noticed that when I get too busy and don't spend time in my secret place that the glory level decreases... so I am trying to be more consistent.   A famous Christian once said that "In consistency lies the power."  There's lots of truth in that saying.

Prayer and fasting as Holy Spirit leads helps me to draw near and hear more clearly too, especially if there has been a lot of warfare going on. That's another tool to put in your tool belt.

People have told me that they can feel burning when I put a hand on them so I think it's working. PTL!

Let me pray for you now:  "Lord we want more of you.  Hear our heart's cry and help us to make time for you in our daily lives.  We choose to die to so many other good things to pursue the best... You.  Help us to hear your voice more clearly and love you more dearly, day by day. Thank you for our angels and we loose them now to help us in every way. We ask all this in Jesus' precious name, Amen!"

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: