Monday, February 6, 2012

Horses and Seeking the Lord


Hi there.  In this pic we are trying out our winter legs. Our horses are pretty skittish in the winter.  They love the cooler temps and want to play around-- not the safest thing when you are trying to ride them.  It doesn't help that they haven't been ridden in a few months!

Here we are making our way into the crusty snow.   The other horses are about 20 meters away so she's being pretty good.  The compost pile has caught her attention.

You would wonder how I have time to seek the Lord, go riding and still get everything done that I need to do.  It's amazing, but somehow the Lord gives back the time.   He helps me prioritize my day, tells me when to call people, when to do things and I get so much accomplished!  It's a new miracle every day.

Here is one last pic of us getting ready to ride.  I am checking out her attitude and stress level to hopefully ascertain if it's safe to ride on the driveway.  Winter riding with all the icy conditions is always interesting. The riding ring and round pen where I would usually ride are in deep snow.   I don't want to go without  angelic protection-- that's for sure!

Thanks for reading.  I am working on some video clips from church footage that will encourage you.  Check out my youtube channel "beloved4evr" especially during the winter (less work on the farm equals more time for video clip making). 

Bless you!
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: