Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We are His Mercy Seats

 When I think of mercy seat I think of the Old Testament and the Arc of the Covenant.  The angels of God were seated on top of the mercy seat and that's where the presence of God was.
Interestingly enough after  Jesus died the veil that separated the holy place from the most holy place was rent and the presence of God left the temple.

Now as Christians we know that after we ask Jesus to come into our lives and be our Lord and Savior that we have a new presence inside of us.   We have literally become a living 'holy of holies'.  A miracle of regeneration has taken place to the point where our sin is not just covered like it was in the old testament but it's completely done away with as if it never happened. This allows his presence to flow through us as we walk in love.

I know this to be true because even as a baby believer God used me. I was so wet behind the ears that I didn't know anything about healing or deliverance protocol, yet God used me at work, at school and even on  buses to set people free.  The only condition was that I cared and prayed in tongues.  Holy Spirit always showed me what to say or do.  You can never go wrong asking the Lord to use you today.  It's the fastest way I know to a fulfilling life.  He will take you at your word and use you everywhere you go, as long as you stay available.

I have personally wondered at how people can remain sick around Christians and I asked the Lord how come this was happening.  His said one of the reasons was that Christians had not spoken words of healing or blessing out loud.  I have since made it my goal to ALWAYS pray out loud in every situation. It might get a bit inconvenient praying for people's needs at the stop light or in the grocery store, but that's all right.  I am working for the applause of Heaven--not people.

I do not want to quench any nudge that Holy Spirit gives.  I love it when I drive down a street and all of a sudden I know that someone has a kidney problem or a heart problem. I love to release his healing and miracle working power everywhere I go.  I love Holy Spirit's smile when  I claim everywhere I drive as a highway of Holiness.

I love walking into my church and even as I am setting up the video camera and computer the Joy of the Lord hits me.  I Love it when Holy Spirit shows me what he's going to do during the service. I love it when I get to call out words of knowledge and see all the people get healed.  I love how happy Holy Spirit is when the ministry team are praying for people.  I love to walk behind them and put prayer clothes on the people (if we're not too busy).  I love to see the shadows (demonic) leaving people.

I never dreamed that life could be so fulfilling.  The only thing I'd like more is to stay with him instead of coming back here.... but it's not yet time.  There's so much more to do.

I want to encourage you to ask the Lord to use you.  He wants to.  There is no life like it.  The joy he gives is better than any drug I ever tried (and I tried a bunch). Every little step of obedience brings delight to his heart and he is so encouraging.  I can't help but encourage others because He's given me so much.

Here's the latest song  I did about being his mercy seat.  Enjoy!
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3yQOgTPvkE

I Bless you right now. May you feel his love in a whole new way today.  May the fire and passion of his love burn bright in your heart and may you hear and know how pleased he is with you. Amen!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: