Sunday, July 1, 2012

Healings this week

It's been a very busy week as we are haying.  Hungry people want food so I have been going to the grocery store for supplies.  I had asked the Lord for fresh eyes to see the people to pray for and He's been answering.

A friend said recently, "When we see someone Jesus is seeing them through us."  That really gave me something to think about in a new way.  As I am appropriating this truth it means that Jesus is looking through my eyes and of course He wants everyone whole and healthy.   That's part of what the Hebrew word 'shalom' means-- peace with nothing broken and nothing missing.

I prayed for a number of people this week.  A few encounters stood out to me that I'll share with you.

One lady had a huge goiter type cyst on her neck.  It was really making it hard for her to turn her head.  I asked her if that was a goiter and she immediately said, "It's just a growth and it bothers other people far more than it does me." 

Isn't that an interesting response?  I thought to myself... she doesn't know my God and what he can do.  So I commanded that thing to disappear and I blessed her, in Jesus' name.  I didn't ask her permission because we were in a checkout line and she obviously didn't have faith to agree with me.  Didn't take long but you watch, the next time I see her that growth will be gone!  It has no choice.  Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. 

Another fellow that stuck in my memory was the man I prayed for yesterday.  He was young and had a cane.  I get stuck some times wondering what to say to start the conversation so I just asked him, "Is that your cane?" (I know it's lame.) 

He replied, "Yes," and looked at me quizzically.

I asked him, "Are you in pain right now?" and he paused and responded "Yes, without the cane I am in lots of pain."

I commanded healing to flow through him as I touched his arm and I rebuked all the pain and commanded it to leave him. I told him that I had seen some crazy healings at church and that God wanted to heal him too.  I left him after I blessed him and told him that I would keep praying for him.

He was very appreciative that I stopped and showed compassion.

As you can see I am no pro at this.  I fumble with words many times and I'm sure I appear a fool to many folk, but I really don't care.  His love in me can't stand to see others hurting.  I know but I know that if I won't cancel my faith with wrong words, that those people will be healed.  I've seen it too many times.

Our words coming out of our mouths are so much more powerful than the words of fear or unbelief coming out of other people because our words are life and theirs are death.  Heaven is far more powerful than hell.  Remember, one can put to flight 1000 and two 10,000?  That's how powerful our words can be.  Come to think of it... that's  probably why the devil works overtime trying to get Christians to speak words of fear and unbelief--because he knows that's the only way to stop us.

In any case... I want to encourage you to step out anyway you can.  Don't worry if you don't have all the right answers.  People will forgive you when they feel that you care.  His love will make a way for you.  His love never fails!  Remember-- he saw them before you did.  He goes before you and makes the way clear for you.

You want to pray a dangerous prayer with me?

"Lord, please show us how much you love the people around us.  Shed more of your love in our hearts where we find it hard to love others.  Let us always walk in the reverential fear of You and not the fear of man.  Thank you Lord that we don't love our reputations, our lives more than you.  We want to overcome by Your blood and by our testimony(words).  Thank you that we are always bold because we are righteous. Hallelujah! Amen!" (Rom. 5:5, Prov. 2:1-8, Prov. 29:25,  Rev. 12:11, Prov. 28:1)

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: