Monday, June 25, 2012

There's no Greater....

I got this song a few months ago and it keeps coming back to me,

"There's no greater,  no there's no greater,
Thing I could do, thing I could do....
Than to lay my life down for others
Than to lay my life down for You."

And it keeps repeating.  It's from the scripture verse in John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

This was a theme in Jesus's life,"... just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep." (John 10:15)

Then we see the disciples picking up this theme of laying their lives down for others. "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." (1John 3:16)

Today's modern soceity doesn't talk much about this theme.  We like it theoretically, but when it comes right down to it, we don't want to do it. 

I think parents know a bit about sacrifice, especially moms.  Babies can be very demanding and the needs don't disappear as the babies grows up, they just change.

So where is Jesus' leading us with this statement?  I think we need to ask the Lord for ourselves  because each of our circumstances is different.

Last winter it meant  that I was spending a whole lot of time promoting my church and getting them presence on the net using youtube clips instead of doing my own stuff.

It seems like such a loss but hang on-- why is Holy Spirit so happy with me?  Why is his joy filling my life in a new way?

There's a secret success that we will never realize as long as we have ourselves as the focus.  Holy Spirit is able to look after our 'stuff' if we will give it to him.

He knows the dreams he has put in your heart better than you do.

He is able to look after you far better than you ever could.

So, I have learned that when it looks like things are hopeless, start praising the Lord because it's always darkest just before the sun rises.  Hallelujah! I know the sun's giong to rise again!

Let's pray: "Lord Jesus, I ask that you would encourage every person reading this article.  May their hopes be reignited.  May they know that you have not forgotten them.  May they realize in a fresh way that it's not just about the goal--it's about the fellowship along the way.  May they sence your presence in a whole new way and may they remember and recite all the promises You've given them and all the testimonies you have given them. Bless them in a fresh way today I ask. Amen!"

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
(on Youtube look up "Kinburn Revival" or "beloved4evr")

No comments: