Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm going to let you in on one of my secrets.  People are always asking me how I get so much done in my day.   My big secret is time with God and lists.  Writing things down when I'm spending time with the Lord helps me to take those thoughts captive so I can focus on the Lord and not what I need to remember to do the next day.

Also,  they help me to get lots done every day.  Here's the list I scribbled down this am.  There's not much to it, but does it ever help me to stay on track.  The best part is checking off the things you get done.  It gives a person a real sense of accomplishment.

Always make sure to have a reward at the end of the day, some 'me' time where you do something you want to do.  Then you won't get frustrated.  There will always be things to do after all.  The devil will make sure that you are busy your whole life, if he can.

Busy = Busy
            Under
            Satan's
            Yoke.


The big goal in life is to find out what God wants you to do and do that, not what everyone else would like to you to do for them.  (more on that in another post) Balance-- it's a huge concept and it ties in with learning to say 'no' politely.  I'm working on how to say no politely to different people.  The closer the people are to you  the harder it is at times to say no.  Also,  it's harder to say no to those in authority over you especially if you want to have favor with them.  Therefore it behooves us as leaders to check with God about what we are asking our families and/or volunteers to do for us.  We don't want to hinder God's plan in people's lives.

It's worth it though.  The more time we spend prioritizing our lives, the more productive we will be. Here are some scripture confessions to build yourself up in your most holy faith:

-Thank You Lord that the desires of the diligent will be fully satisfied. (Prov. 13:4)
-Thank you Lord that because we love your word nothing and no one can cause us to stumble or take offense. (Ps. 119:165)
-Thank You Lord that we are quick to hear, slow to speak and very slow to get angry or offended. (James 1:17)

Have a great day!
Big hugs and many Blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: