Thursday, December 13, 2012

Recover All

Hi.   There have been some buzz words floating around the body of Christ like "we recover all"   and that 'the thief must pay back 7 times.'  However, how to do this is often not elaborated in practical terms.

I am going to give a little example of how this worked out in my life,,,, including all the mistakes I made so you know it's possible for your life.  I have not got this all figured out yet.  I am definitely in the learning.

Over a year ago, our dog had two puppies and one was still born.  We think it got caught in the birth canal because it took our dog an extra half hour to deliver it.

I tried everything I knew to bring that puppy back to life and nothing worked.  I called it back, I rubbed it to stimulate it, I cleaned out it's mouth and nose with an aspirator, I kept it warm and it didn't come back.  I named him Lazarus and I kept speaking life over him.   3 days later and he still hadn't come back and I got mad and claimed 7 times the life and health of what the devil stole from me.  A dead pup is no blessing.

I kept him wrapped up in my of my scarves by my bed and every night I would pray over him and seek the Lord with him in my hands for what to do next.  Many times I would just cry and ask for help to understand more of God's promises.  Sometimes I would just sing the song the Lord put on my heart as an offering.  Only God knows how many hours I logged in my secret place, with just him, Lazarus and me. 

Lazarus never decayed.  He never smelt bad even after 29 days of resting under my bed.  My hubby, finally said on the 31st day, "I think you better do something with him."

I asked the Lord and he said that it was time.   My heart got frosty as I buried him out in the orchard.  I could feel it rising up in me that this war wasn't over.  I was not going to let this stop me from growing in ability to raise the dead.

So.... times moves on and we get busy with other things and I must admit I had a hard time seeking the Lord because I felt disappointed in Him, myself and the whole situation.

We bred our dog again because the vet said that one pup didn't take too much out of her.  And we claimed small, healthy puppies that wouldn't get stuck.

Due date came and nothing.  Its always 60 days plus or minus 3 days.   64 days and still no puppies... in fact she wasn't really showing.  I know I had the day marked on the calendar and we were haying at the time so everybody new when she got bred.

Four and a half weeks later  I saw Brandy delivering a puppy in her crate.  Yikes!  We didn't even have the nursery set up!  Everybody pitched in and we got the nursery set up and her in it before the next pup arrived.   She delivered 7 small, healthy  puppies, much to our surprise.  We were not expecting it at all.  Dogs only go into heat once every 6 months so if they don't catch you have to wait another six months to breed them again.

I didn't clue in till the puppies were 7 weeks old what had happened.  Like I said, life moves on and you get busy with other things.  I was asking the Lord about her litter and thanking him for it cause she usually has two pups in a litter.  The most she ever had was 4 so this was a stunning surprise.

The Lord said, "I heard you all those nights in your room."  Well.... all the disappointment washed away as I played with those puppies.   I cried then and I am crying now as I type this.

He's faithful Saints.  Time spent with him is never wasted.

I wish I could tell you that my faith didn't waiver, but I'm not that strong.   This song about recovering all (that I wrote)  would come to my mind every so often and I would claim it.  Here's the link for it... http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.ca/2010/12/we-recover-all.html

 Now all the puppies are in their new homes,  that we prayed in for them.   Some great friends helped me claim good homes for all of them.  Here's a link for a video of the puppies playing...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug3M1k9I7Lk

So.... I guess I want to encourage you not to give up.  I know I am going after some other stuff that's been stolen from my husband and I.  His grace will lead me and His grace will  lead you too. Hallelujah!

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
1 week old.




No comments: