Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Crocheting detour


Well, I did it.  I finally opened up my crocheting storage bin after a years break to see if I could make these fancy 'Robin Hood' style slippers.  It felt like Christmas!  It was so nice to be able to create again.  Just have to find the balance in life so that I don't go overboard again and miss out on time with the Lord.

I listened to some great preaching while I was crocheting these pieces.  I keep a note pad handy so I can write down any insights I want to work on.

I thought I was ready for Christmas when I got a request from my daughter.  Turns out my grand daughter loves her new Barbie doll and could I please make her some clothes?  Ha ha,  I scoured the internet and took out a few books from the library and found a few patterns I thought I could do.   Finding the right kind of yarn was a bigger challenge. I found the dress while I was searching for suitable yarn.

Here's what I ended up making while  I listened to some great preaching and watched a boring movie with my hubby.

Two hours for a little hat and keyhole scarf!  The stitches are so tiny that it takes forever to crochet anything.   I even did an internet search looking for Barbie clothes to see if I could find a deal and save myself a few hours and found that there is not much out there.

Went searching the next day for yarn and couldn't find any so I called a friend and she had some leftover baby yarn. PTL!  I got it from her and finished this outfit.


It wasn't a waste of time because I was able to review many of my good confessions and build myself up in the word.  Jedediah Tham says that in many cases our times with God are unfruitful because we haven't spent enough time in the word of God.  No word in your diet equals very little to chew on or meditate on.

Looking back I can see where having a full diet of the promises of God has helped my meditation time.   Lots of Word gives Holy Spirit lots to work with, lol.  Also, lots of word in your diet gives you lots of discernment because, "the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:11-13)

Powerful eh?  So the key is to make sure that your activities don't leave you spiritually starving for meat.  You want lots of good word in your diet so that Holy Spirit can breathe on it and make it a living word for you in your devotional times or meditation times.

Let's activate this with our words: "Thank You Lord for giving us a hunger for your word.  Help us to always make time for your word and protect our meditation times from intrusion and spiritual attack.   We want to bear lots of fruit for You, Lord Jesus!  Amen!"

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: